Our student loans help build careers. we exclusively partner with schools that get results
Chief Technology Officer
Who we are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career creation and transformation more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before. Driven by a mission to expand access to career-advancing education – Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Then they provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power. Recognizing the dynamic and diverse nature of an economy in rapid change, Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding. While some colleges are struggling to meet the real-world needs of their students, Climb and its partner schools are committed to an inspiring practicality that brings real career results as individuals own their next chapter. Climb earned a spot on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2020!
- Put our learners first
- Build a better system
- Own the solution
- Iterate and experiment
- Succeed together
Overview of Role
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to lead our product and engineering teams. This is an executive role reporting directly to the CEO. You will be a true partner on the executive team, a leader to the management team, represent the company to external stakeholders and to the board, and an advocate for technology to the business and vice versa. You will own the technology strategy at Climb, and you will be leading a very capable, functional team of engineers. You will own setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company, ensuring that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs, and outline the goals for research and development.
Who you are
- A technically-minded, revenue-focused executive with a proven track record of leading development on reliable products that deliver real value to users.
- A very strong communicator - a key part of the job is understanding the needs of the organization and combining it with the company strategy to create effective software solutions that propel the business’s growth.
- Experience hiring, scaling, and leading engineering teams
- Payments experience is preferable, but not necessary.
- Financial product experience is preferable, but not necessary.
- You are an entrepreneur-doer and someone who is passionate about technology.
- Stakeholder management is one of your superpowers.
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software products.
- You are an executive, a cross-functional leader, a strategist, and an engineer (in that order).
- We are looking for someone who has start-up experience. Rolling up your sleeves is something you are not only capable of, but you deem it par for the course.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
What you value
- You want to be a leader at a product-obsessed company. You think about the product (building the right thing) before you think about the engineering (building the thing right).
- You invest your resources thoughtfully, but confidently. You know when to think lean and get things done quickly, and also when to double down on your bets and make long term investments.
- You believe in our company values, team principles and our vision - or disagree strongly and have a point of view.
- Ability to be a true generalist. This is a highly cross-functional job, and not for the chief-architect CTO archetype.
- You value working with people as much as you enjoy working with code. This is not a job for the heads-down chief scientist.
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a platform that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul..
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Health benefits including dental, vision and covered insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation/remote working policies, happy hours and a stocked kitchen with snacks
- Sponsorship for professional development and training programs
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team environment
- General sense of well-being and excitement
This role is not eligible for H-1B visa sponsorship.
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 40 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Read about us in the news, check out our company values, and find us on Comparably.
Health benefits including dental, vision and covered insurance premiums
Competitive compensation includes equity
Flexible vacation/remote working policies,
Happy hours and a stocked kitchen with snacks
Sponsorship for professional development and training programs
Climb Credit at a glance
Climb Credit focuses on Education, Credit, Consumer Lending, Finance Technology, and Higher Education. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, and Las Vegas. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Climb Credit has raised $65.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.