Safe and compact drone for operation in GPS denied environments
A little bit about us:
We are a Boston-based startup that specializes in the development and commercialization of safe and compact unconventional aerial robots for the public safety and commercial markets.
Hundreds of lives are lost in the line of duty and in potentially dangerous situations, each year, in the US alone. The Dronut, our award-winning technology, is the world’s first unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) designed and engineered for safe operation indoors and around people. Used for reconnaissance and in emergency situations, its purpose is operation critical: to assess and provide real-time data prior to sending humans into harm’s way.
The Cleo team is a tight-knit group of incredibly passionate, creative, and ambitious individuals. Our vibe is cool, fresh, energetic, and sprinkled with lots of humor and out-of-the box ideas. We bring our best to work and we take pride in working with some of the best names in the tech industry. The UAV is a competitive space and we’re making our mark -- which is why we’re growing fast.
A little bit about the position:
We are very excited to grow our team and are looking for a dynamic, quick thinking, and results-focused Aerodynamics Engineer to join our Seaport area office. If you have a passion for all things tech, read on.
As an Aerodynamics Engineer, you are responsible for the aerodynamic design, testing and analysis of UAV systems. You bring superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right work done quickly and effectively, diving deep, producing analysis and communicating results to a broad audience of content experts.
Develop aircraft aerodynamic design requirements and aerodynamic planning for projects; wind tunnel test planning which includes defining instrumentation requirements, facility selection, and model requirements; test data reduction; Perform preliminary and detailed aerodynamic analysis on air-vehicles to support the creation of an aerodynamic database and estimating aircraft performance; develop plans and execute bench top testing; collaborate with teammates and subcontractors; have a deep understanding of aerodynamics principles and propeller design.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field with more than 3 years of experience in aerodynamic conceptual and preliminary design
- Deep understanding of aerodynamic principles with a demonstrated experience in applying those principles to real world problems
- Extensive experience with CFD simulations
- Experience with data processing and visualization tools such as Matlab or Excel and with creating test automation scripts using Python or similar CAD experience
- Able to coordinate with a multidisciplinary engineering team, including mechanical, electronics, propulsion and software disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines and communicate with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience with duct fan UAVs
- Experience with propeller design and optimization and miniature UAVs