Safe and compact drone for operation in GPS denied environments
A little bit about us:
We are a Boston-based startup that specializes in the development and commercialization of safe and compact unconventional aerial robots for the public safety and commercial markets.
Hundreds of lives are lost in the line of duty and in potentially dangerous situations, each year, in the US alone. The Dronut, our award-winning technology, is the world’s first unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) designed and engineered for safe operation indoors and around people. Used for reconnaissance and in emergency situations, its purpose is operation critical: to assess and provide real-time data prior to sending humans into harm’s way.
The Cleo team is a tight-knit group of incredibly passionate, creative, and ambitious individuals. Our vibe is cool, fresh, energetic, and sprinkled with lots of humor and out-of-the box ideas. We bring our best to work and we take pride in working with some of the best names in the tech industry. The UAV is a competitive space and we’re making our mark -- which is why we’re growing fast.
A little bit about the position:
We are very excited to grow our team and are looking for a dynamic, quick thinking, and results-focused Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Seaport area office. If you have a passion for all things tech, read on.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Cleo, you will be responsible for the design and testing of electrical components for the Dronut UAV such as power regulators and converters, power consumption sensors, integration of radio and other SMT modules, charging circuits, and more. The successful applicant will demonstrate knowledge of considerations when designing high frequency power switching systems for robotic components such as motors and servos, design with EMI/EMC in mind, prior experience with writing and understanding of low level hardware access layer embedded software and firmware in C and C++ for platforms such as Atmega, STM, and others.
- Create electrical schematics, double sided part layouts, and multi-layer component routing from high level requirements.
- Part selection to fit requirements.
- Generate documentation such as assembly drawings, fab/drill drawings, final assembly drawings.
- Generate 3D CAD models of the PCB.
- Assemble PCBs for testing and design verification.
- Work with manufacturers to produce high quality PCBs.
- Write and deploy embedded firmware for microcontrollers to facilitate control of and communication between various components.
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or other related majors
- Proficient in PCB design and relevant tools such as Altium and Eagle, creating schematics, layouts, symbol and footprint libraries.
- Experience with general purpose programming languages and environments such as C/C++, Linux.
- Experience with IMU and other sensors and working with them on embedded platforms.
- Experience with radio system design (interference, signal strength, transmission range) is a plus.