Start Up Right
QA Engineer£30k – £45k • No equity
The Clara platform is a system with lots of moving parts and we need a hands-on manual tester who makes sure that everything happens as “programmed”, but also can develop automated regression testing to streamline our QA testing processes.
You will be responsible for the quality of new features of our user interface and making sure that previously released functionality is still working. We are looking for QAs who can think on their feet and will get actively engaged in the process of creating new features.
You will test new features not just for bugs, but also for the usability factor. You will provide feedback to the team when something is not clear to the user on how to use.
If you encounter a bug, you will write a report on what is broken, including detailed steps on how to reproduce the behaviour. You will not just report the bug but also find out why the bug occurs so that our development process can advance in a timely fashion.
In your testing, you will discover edge cases and have an eye out for unusual user activity. You will try to break the app and unravel issues outside of the application’s “happy path”, thanks to your detailed knowledge of our whole application.
Also, you will contribute to the vision and to the future direction of our product, and also collaborate on a strategy on explorative projects and improvements to our existing workflows and toolchains.
We are looking for someone who:
• Works with our Product Owners, UX designer, Tech Lead, Software Engineers and other stakeholders to develop, document, improve and implement best practice SQA (Software Quality Assurance) processes
• Finds & manages the resolution of bugs/defects by proactively identifying risks to management
• Introduces pragmatic test strategies, structure, quality success, test standards and test documentation.
The opportunity is for you if you have:
• Strong experience of hands-on manual testing web apps
• Proven knowledge of how single page web apps work, i.e. inspecting network requests and console output on errors: we want QAs not just to report what is broken, but ideally to have an idea why.
• Basic knowledge of APIs: what they are and how they work.
• Familiar with testing responsive websites and across browsers.
• Strong attention to detail - but knowing when it is better to take a step back and focus on the big picture.
• Ability to prioritise what is urgent and what is important according to the business’ needs
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity and the like to help us out with steering releases.
• Experience with accessibility testing in compliance with the WCAG / ARIA guidelines.
• Experience in common software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
• Experience in testing high performance web interfaces where load times matters.
• At least 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
• Must be fluent (written/spoken) in English.
• Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have experience testing complex solutions for data driven software functionality.
Clara Technologies at a glance
Clara Technologies focuses on Venture Capital and Legal Tech. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Clara Technologies has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.