One stop solution for hospital selection & ensuring 100% cashless medical treatment
E6 - Principal Engineer (Software)₹19L – ₹21L • 1.714% – 1.714%
We’re so glad to announce the opening! This guide is meant to provide job specific information to help you with our business understanding and what technology skills we are looking to add value to it.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Gurugram, Haryana, India; Remotely until Lockdown opens
- BTech degree and 5 years equivalent practical experience in software engineering.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BTech degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
ABOUT THE JOB
We aspire, "To build intelligent data processing software for hassle-free and fastest administering of the financial needs of every insured patient." Autonomous and adaptive at the heart, we aim to reduce time to 1 second for automatic claim approvals and settlements within this year 2020.
We were born in December 2019 and have expanded operations across Delhi NCR. Seeding technology in our business since May 2020 we are building our engineering team from scratch. In the hierarchy you will be working along Chief Technology Officer getting widest possible learnings and recognition through our journey. We have laid down the foundation for transparent evaluation of our competencies in a matrix [inspired from the works of Justin Cowperthwaite and Lena Reinhard].
You can get to know our team on LinkedIn and Angel.co by connecting them via our company pages.
Salary and perks
We offer INR 19-21 Lakhs per annum depending on your performance in our technical rounds for this role. Nonetheless, we value long term commitment by offering ESOPs worth INR 12 Lakhs bound to your performance. Apart from this you enjoy following perks:
- Relocation Bonus equivalent to one month basic salary when you live within 2 km of office.
- Guaranteed Bonus equivalent to one month basic salary at the end of financial year, provided you have been evaluated for performance at least once.
- Performance evaluation and Appraisal every 6 months for first 3 years with us.
- Provident fund contributions adhering to laws of employment in India.
- 32 leaves annually including sick, casual and bereavement. Maternity and paternity leaves are different but adhere to laws of employment in India.
- 11 holidays annually including Indian national and religious festivals.
- Medical insurance cover for you and your family (upto 2 parents and 2 children).
- House Rent Allowance for every year.
- Leave Travel Allowance for two trips inside India not accumulating to more than 15 days annually.
- Medical Allowance for yourself and family members.
- A fully featured laptop with latest technologies powered by Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or any other Unix/Linux environment you are comfortable with.
- Friday’s lunch and beer by ClaimTherapist.
As an engineer you develop the next-generation technologies that provide hassle free experience to our customers who are patients. These patients would be experiencing our services virtually on a smartphone, a tablet or a desktop, and might be guided by our executives who in turn use our software. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
To perform on the above responsibilities, we share the same skills but they scale differently at different levels of execution. In our individual contributor roles we inspire our evaluation from the open source competency matrix. For Principal Engineer role, the skills that we want to drive your output are as follows (for details please refer to the competency matrix):
Quality (Writing code and Testing), Debugging & Observability, Software Design (Understanding Code and Software Architecture), Security
Incremental value delivery (Work breakdown, Prioritization, Dependencies, Dealing with ambiguity), Self Organization (Reliability, delivery, accountability, economic thinking)
Feedback, Communication, Collaboration
Feedback (Delivering Feedback, Seeking and receiving Feedback), Communication (Effective Communication, Knowledge Sharing), Collaboration (Teamwork, Relationships building, Handling disagreement)
Decision Making, Driving Alignment, Process thinking, Facilitation, Mentoring
Business Acumen & Strategy (Business acumen, Strategic work, Product Thinking)
- Effective via Google Calendar shared with all teammates.
- Prioritized in decreasing order as Self, Family and Business.
- English to thrive and benefit in our multicultural environment.
- Transparency via documentation of Team Competency, Charters and Roadmaps
- Errors, Risks or Failures we talk about first and, second on Achievements
- Gender Ratio is being tried to keep equal across teams.
- We equally respect and love all religions you follow.
- Don’t be anti-national in any way of living.
- Don’t participate or silently observe any kind of sexual harassment.
- Don’t share company’s data to any public or other private organisations without taking consent from the founding team.
- Don’t have a criminal history or presence in any activity that is illegal.
ClaimTherapist at a glance
ClaimTherapist focuses on Healthcare Services, Health and Insurance, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Delhi, Gurgaon, and New Delhi. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.