Fintech company fixing the R&D tax relief sector
R&D Tax Senior£30k – £40k • 0.5% – 1.0%
Got a nose for numbers and an eye for detail? Do you have some experience in finance, accounting, or even managing R&D claims? Do you want to be a crucial part of scaling a tech business with a talented team? Then we're looking for you!
R&D tax credits are a fantastic way to claim back costs and help startups grow, but the process is stuck in the dark ages. Claimer is a fast-growing start-up that’s using tech to shake up the R&D tax credit space, with a product that users love.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership over the day-to-day management of the R&D claims process. The role is varied, but you’ll spend a lot of time speaking with startup founders, getting to grips with the details of the latest breakthroughs, analysing R&D expenditure, and identifying opportunities for new product features.
What we’re looking for:
- Either two years experience in a mixed tax / corporation tax / R&D tax role or an experienced accountant who can quickly learn about R&D relief and associated corporation tax rules.
- A passion for innovation
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- You are a fast learner and looking to join a high growth startup, able to excel in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Working closely with Claimer’s wide variety of SME clients including some of the most innovative startups in the UK
- Guiding clients through the Claimer platform including assistance in maximising qualifying expenditure
- Preparing the financial aspect of claims and preparing tax computations
- Managing payments of R&D tax credits to Clients
- Representing Claimer at workshops, talks, and events
- Working with the team in developing our product
- Optional: helping with Claimer’s own finances e.g. VAT Returns, Payroll etc.
Life at Claimer
- Autonomy and responsibility
- A powerful brand new work laptop (Macbook Air or Windows based if you prefer)
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Study support - if you’re studying towards a professional qualification
- Flexible annual leave policy - minimum of 28 days
- Contributory pension
- Team lunches every month, outings every quarter.
- Initially remote-working only due to Coronavirus, after that ideally you'll be based in our offices in Croydon or Central London once or more per week.
Know someone that might be perfect for this role? Get in touch and we’ll give you £500 for anyone you recommend that we hire!