The Place for Online Corporate Catering
Full Stack Developer£60k – £70k
Full Stack Developer
At City Pantry we’re changing the way people work together. We believe that good food makes a great company and that sharing a meal creates an environment where better communication, productivity and health are nourished. It’s a tough challenge. And we need people like you.
After four years, we are delivering thousands of meals every day across London to some of the world’s most iconic brands–Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, among many others. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 300 of the best independent chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in London.
We are currently a team of 65, with offices based in London Bridge. As we solidify our position as Europe’s largest B2B food delivery platform and continue to expand geographically, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our organisation.
WHAT WE DO IN TECH
The Tech team builds and maintains all of the infrastructure and applications responsible for choosing and delivering 10,000 meals every day. From search engines, menu planning, eater management to integrations with courier APIs, our tools provide seamless ordering experience and help the UK’s most influential companies feed their teams better and faster. On the other end of the platform, we create tools that help kitchens build their menus, track orders and improve outreach to maximise their potential.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deliver full stack features to our customers.
- Shape the future of our platform by driving decisions around its structure, coding guidelines, testing, QA, and delivery.
- Solve architectural problems in an extensible, maintainable way and bring clarity around those across the organization.
- Contribute to discussions around the design, implementation and scaling of the entire platform, from infrastructure all the way to the UX.
WHAT WE THINK ARE IMPORTANT SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE
- Track record of building full stack solutions.
- Good command of varied backend technologies (PHP, Java, NodeJS, Python…).
- Experience with at least one frontend technology (Angular, VueJS, React…).
- Knowledge of best practices in modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Passion for building approachable, scalable infrastructure and code that enables teams to quickly iterate on complex solutions.
- Dedication to passing on the knowledge you’ve gained to others through pair programming, code reviews and mentorship.
- 3+ years of experience.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Creative individuals who strive to deliver value to our customers fast through by means of exceptional, accessible code.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences, through code, white boarding or company-wide presentations.
- Ability to manage the expectations of others–do what you say you will!
- Empathy for your peers and your users.
Here’s what you can expect from us. We practice what we preach and eat together three times a week – of course – but there’s a lot more besides:
- Competitive compensation package
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- £2000 annual learning allowance
- Delicious lunch provided three times a week
- Opportunity to help scale a really cool startup across the UK and beyond
- Exciting team events including ‘Gin and Learn’ Fridays
Great pat and mat leave!
Flexible working for all!
We're all adults here. And so we're treated like adults! flexible working for everyone creates an autonomous environment and creates accountability for all to perform and succeed!
Yes, you read that correctly - unlimited holidays! All work, no play make Jack a dull person. Live a little.
Free lunch 3x a week!
Free lunch from some of the best eateries you can get your hands on!
City Pantry at a glance
City Pantry focuses on Food and Beverages, Marketplaces, Foodtech, Online Marketplaces, and Catering. Their company has offices in London, London, Greater London, City of London, and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, City Pantry has raised $6.57M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.