A pre-built CI/CD system that enables you to bring your creativity forward and scale it quickly
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Data Insights
CircleCI is looking for a senior, full-stack engineer to help us build the exciting next generation of our Insights product. With Insights, we’re leveraging the wealth of data CircleCI has to offer - through data aggregation services, APIs, and UIs - to help customers make better engineering decisions. As a senior member of our Insights Engineering team, you will work closely with product, design, and your engineering teammates to build, test, and rapidly iterate on a product that will make a huge impact in how CircleCI’s customers build the next generation of software.
About the Team
The Insights team is working on a greenfield product that provides our customers an avenue to track success/failure rates, throughput, and mean time to recovery, as well as duration metrics, credit burn and more for all of their jobs, workflows, and pipelines. The Insights service truly spans the full stack from a front-end micro-application through to our event-driven back-end service, supported by RabbitMQ queues.
What you’ll do:
- Bring an API-first approach to the development of new features in our Insights product and simplify and scale our systems while we rapidly grow and evolve across backend services, APIs, and UIs.
- Interact with product management and designers helping to brainstorm on new features and working closely with your engineering teammates on building those features
- Write plenty of sustainable, testable, high-quality code.
- Learn about and participate in a culture of observability and monitoring: using operational data to help the team improve our systems’ stability and performance.
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for someone who enjoys collaboration, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and participates in a highly collaborative culture by sharing their expertise and encouraging best practices. If this sounds like you, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- Experience writing and deploying web application code anywhere within the technology stack (we use React, Typescript, GraphQL and Clojure, but it’s ok if you have not used them yet).
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable.
- Demonstrable experience building applications and services - primarily those with user interfaces - using well-accepted design patterns to allow for iterative development.
- You’re excited by working within a small, rapidly-growing team: adjusting to changing priorities, quickly learning new skills, and growing through collaboration.
- Experience in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery and agile development.
Why you’ll love working here:
- We value transparency and collaboration across distributed teams.
- We favor regular, incremental delivery of value over perfection.
- We encourage continuous learning and improvement for teams and team members
Working remotely at CircleCI
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we can support you working remotely anywhere in Canada or Ireland.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role equals level E3 - Senior Software Engineer - on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectation for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
We know there’s no such thing as an “ideal” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
CircleCI is a globally distributed company, operating 24/7 to serve our global customer base.
CircleCI at a glance
CircleCI focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Enterprises, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Denver, Japan, and London. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, CircleCI has raised $215M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.