On a mission to deliver a unified platform for all patient communication and coordination
Principal Product Management Lead, Integrations
CipherHealth is an award-winning healthcare technology company that delivers a comprehensive portfolio of scalable and flexible patient engagement solutions for healthcare organizations to keep patients, staff, families and communities up to date and informed about their preventative, acute or elective care -- whether it is in a hospital, clinic, facility, at home or anywhere in between.
In this historic time, when we are facing a global healthcare crisis, CipherHealth is out in front helping hundreds of leading healthcare providers like UCSF, Johns Hopkins and University of Pennsylvania manage through this pandemic and beyond with solutions that enable them to deliver remarkable in-care experiences and impactful around-care engagement that empower patients and staff, reduce friction and waste, and drive best possible outcomes.
Reporting to the CPO, you will be an essential leader on the Product team and collaborate regularly with our Integrations and Engineering teams to understand and define what’s possible while ensuring proper product/market fit for our Integration capabilities in a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving market. You will also be a critical partner with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and our Clinical teams to enable and support them in servicing our clients and maximizing value from what you create. It’s a balancing act that requires strong interpersonal skills and proven hard skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in. Lastly, you have a curious mind, strong attention to detail, and experience operating with disciplined product management methodologies that bring teams together and produce results. You are obsessed with understanding markets and problem solving, and know how to capture, analyze, and present data to support your beliefs.
As a key member of the Product Management team, you will be responsible for the business and product lifecycle management aspects of a major portion of the portfolio, from ideation through successful release and ongoing evolution. This role is responsible for understanding market opportunities, driving product strategy and roadmap, defining release plans and rationale, and managing and prioritizing an ongoing backlog of epics based on company, industry, and client needs. You will work in a highly collaborative environment and will lead cross-functional projects as they contribute to the realization of our product vision.
- Drive product strategy including new markets, products and offerings, roadmap priorities, value propositions and associated pricing strategies, and associated strategic and tactical activities
- Take ownership, monitor, and drive the overall success of your product(s)
- Be the market expert for your respective area, while building effective relationships
- Own ‘voice of the market’ through regular interaction with business users and clients
- Coordinate cross-functionally throughout the product lifecycle and ensure success through communication, program management, knowledge transfer and training, and subject-matter expertise
- Clearly define, document, and communicate business requirements, user experience, and system requirements within a formalized process
- Organize and lead user research and acceptance testing programs
- Help establish and gain approval for program budgets, activities, and investments
- Identify, analyze, and recommend potential product partner relationships
- Partner with Marketing on the go-to-market strategies to ensure robust messaging and positioning, as well as continuous launch cadence that connects us with prospects and customers alike.
- Partner with Sales and Channel/BD teams to ensure they are equipped with the proper knowledge and enablement to win with prospects and retain/renew/upsell customers
- Partner with Engineering to ensure clear understanding of needs and the rationale behind priorities, and support optimal solutions and value-creation
- Be an advocate and SME for CipherHealth by presenting, speaking, or writing about our solutions at events, online forums, or targeted communities
- 10+ years of direct product management experience as a Product Manager, Product Director or similar, with at least half of that in the healthcare IT space.
- Deep experience working with SaaS and Cloud technologies
- Proven experience driving cross-vendor, cross-system interoperability via API-based integrations, web-services, queue/message-based architectures, etc. including strong working knowledge of cloud SaaS product delivery and healthcare integration standards (HL7, FHIR, etc.)
- Hands on leader that doesn’t delegate or preside – instead, s/he motivates, inspires and supports the team with a winning attitude
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once, with multiple stakeholders, and getting products/features delivered
- Experience writing business requirements, including UX and/or system requirements
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with an ability to build strong working relationships across levels and departments
- Self-motivated and doesn’t wait for prescriptive direction; thrives in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must have
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, internal and external, particularly with writing and imagery, influencing based on data
- Customer-obsessed and eager to get in front of customers 1:1 and in advisory board settings
- Articulate speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups
- Knowledge/experience working with Agile methodologies and Design-Thinking
- Working Acumen with tools like JIRA, Confluence, Aha!, and Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is preferred
- Trained in Pragmatic Marketing or other similar methodology
- Travel up to 35%, when appropriate
- Current member of industry networking or advisory groups, across Healthcare Technology and/or Product Management
- Formal training/certifications in Product Management
CipherHealth at a glance
CipherHealth focuses on SaaS, Healthcare, Analytics, Messaging, and Health Care Information Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, CipherHealth has raised $55.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.