Modern technology for private capital markets
Data Operations Analyst / Associate$50k – $60k • 0.0% – 0.01%
**Interested candidates may apply by sending their up-to-date resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org**
About the Role:
Join a team of former private equity professionals building a cutting-edge cloud-based portfolio management platform for institutional investors.
We're looking for highly motivated professionals to contribute to the Data Operations and Analytics team as we continue our rapid growth.
This is a unique opportunity to gain deep experience in alternative assets at a market-leading fintech company focused on the space. You will gain expertise in financial analysis, private capital concepts and practices, corporate finance, financial research, and relationship management.
Core responsibilities include:
- Data management and financial analysis of private equity, venture capital, credit, real estate, infrastructure and natural resource information and research.
- Structuring data from private capital reports, including capital accounts, quarterly reports, cashflow notices, financial statements, limited partnership agreements, and other documentation at the portfolio, fund, and underlying asset levels.
- Providing feedback and ideas for innovation for both the analytics platform as well as other proprietary data capture technology.
- Communicating issues, client feedback, and edge case scenarios to the development team and other relevant team members.
The analyst program is a two year program, with exceptional candidates being offered a third year or direct promotion within the company. For those looking to transition, we will help with recruiting placement from the company’s wide network of clients and contacts.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Familiarity with and / or desire to learn corporate finance and investing concepts, not least including GAAP accounting, valuation analyses, and leveraged buyouts, private equity fund accounting and some financial modeling
- Desire to take on a leadership role at a rapidly growing company
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Internships or experience in the finance industry (in any capacity)
- Familiarity with the alternative assets industry, and private equity in particular
- You're an independent, highly-motivated self-starter who can simply get things done right
- You bring energy, enthusiasm, and humility to the workplace
- You take pride in your attention to detail and operate with a "zero defect" mentality
Why should you work with us?
- Join a growing fintech team with a market-leading product
- Help shape our financial analysis capabilities and team from the ground up
- Gain in-depth understanding of private equity and private financial markets
- Work in a focused but relaxed environment in Brooklyn (where work/life balance is a real thing)
- Get exposure to the newest web technology
Candidates should be prepared to speak to:
- Background and motivations for applying
- Concepts listed on the Chronograph website and in other public materials
- What kind of work environment you do your best work in
- How you rebound after a setback
- What you like to do for fun outside of work
We’re looking to ensure it’s a great fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to everyday.
Chronograph was founded to bring next-generation technology to private capital markets. We serve institutional private capital investors and managers globally through our cloud-based diligence, monitoring, and reporting toolset.
We help investment professionals integrate, organize, and make use of all relevant investment data, incorporating performance data collection and storage, modeling, accounting, custodian monitoring, position reconciliation, and qualitative information discovery -- all through a single, intuitive interface.
Solutions for Limited Partners:
- Underlying fund and portfolio company data aggregation and monitoring.
- Comprehensive gross/net commitment performance tracking, including fee, carried interest, and cash flow monitoring.
- Diligence tools, constituent reporting solutions, and more.
Solutions for General Partners:
- Portfolio company analysis and data management (template-free).
- Advanced portfolio analytics.
- Investor relations and co-investment constituent reporting.
For more info, visit chronograph.pe or email email@example.com
Top-notch medical, vision, and dental coverage
Chronograph offers a gold-plated and fully company-paid healthcare package with no deductible.
Maintaining work-life balance is more than just a mantra. For those with growing families, we go above and beyond to ensure you can bond with your little ones.
Pride of ownership
We want you to be along for the journey. Many positions qualify for equity incentive plans and bonuses.
Flexible vacation policy
There are many reasons to be away from the office and we value that. Chronograph offers unlimited vacation for performing employees.
Whether you drive, rideshare, or take public transportation, we help cover the cost.
Professional and skills development
Continued learning is essential for the 21st century. We provide many opportunities for continued leveling up of skills and new areas of interest.
Fun @ work
From happy hours to an annual "ChronoFeast", we are a company of young, dynamic, and driven individuals and we want to have a good time while doing exceptional work.
Giving back matters
We support and are involved in various non-profit and other volunteer efforts in our community, and would welcome your involvement!