Greater than payments
Senior Training & Quality Manager (Operations)
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role:
As a newly created position, the Training & Quality Manager will be responsible for creating and launching a brand new global training & enablement programme for the Operations team across the globe as well as building a new quality assurance function to review and improve the quality of the team output.
You will be responsible for creating, planning, directing and implementing a training & enablement programme for our Operations team including suggesting best practice and implementing high standards of quality to ensure we can offer exceptional service to our merchants.
This role offers a unique opportunity to apply previous experience in delivering high quality training & enablement programmes globally. It is key to the future scalability of our function and is vital in ensuring that our people are enabled to deliver their best work. This will be a function starting from scratch, so you can shape and deliver your vision of an enablement team.
- Design & build a training & enablement function from scratch and lead the team to generate a vision, establish direction and develop a training programme for new joiners and for ongoing people enablement
- Develop training programmes for new joiners as well as ongoing training for tenured staff members ensuring that the content is appropriate
- Work with Ops leaders to understand the requirements and formulate a best in class programme to enable our People
- Implement processes and structures to monitor quality of work on an ongoing basis potentially hiring QA Analysts in the near to medium term
- Implementing specialist tooling & processes to help access content and collateral as well as delivering and maintaining this content
- Building content and engaging with Subject Matter Experts across the business to create the most accurate information
- Utilise previous training and enablement experience to help Checkout’s Operations team set and achieve its long term goals
- Strong communication, organisational, problem solving, and analytical skills. The candidate should have the ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with senior business leaders, control functions, and corporate partners globally
- Ability to manage team members in the future and genuine passion for learning and development is key
- Proven experience of building and delivering global training & enablement initiatives
- Able to decipher and collate information on a variety of complex topics and create easy to digest and accessible content
- Experience in delivering content in a global organisaton
- Experience/background in AML, Compliance or CDD is a real advantage
- FinTech or Finance background also a strong advantage
- Obsessed with training and enabling people get the best out of themselves
- Comfortable working across multiple topics and with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Confident presenter who can get people to believe in you and develop trust
- A key eye for detail with an understanding of business processes and the way different people can learn
- You understand the importance of making people successful in the broader context of making a company successful
- Fluent in English with additional European languages a bonus
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Dubai, Singapore, and London. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.