Greater than payments
Management Accountant (Audit Background)
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com are actively looking for an enthusiastic and talented Management Accountant to join our fast growing Team in London. This is a very exciting opportunity for a newly Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA, straight from practice) with a strong academic record to join a rapidly expanding global company. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with excellent communication skills and can work to strict deadlines. You will have advanced Excel skills and are comfortable working with large & complex data sets.
- Ownership of a number of Entities management/financial reporting to ensure ledgers are complete and accurate and that reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- Month end close, balance sheet reconciliation, consolidation of different entities, preparation of revenue reconciliation
- Preparation and review of VAT returns
- Constantly supporting improvement in commercial performance of the business
- Assisting in the global statutory audit process
- Support AP function in the posting of and reconciliation of transactions along with payments.
- Support the forecasting and planning processes
- Ad-hoc project & analysis work
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Accounting or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Newly Qualified (ACA or ACCA) with practice experience in FinTech or Financial Services
- Highly numerate, with strong analytical skills and ability to work through problems logically
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels
- Highly motivated and able to work towards tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast paced work environment
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Dubai, Singapore, and London. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.