Greater than payments
People Operations Associate
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
Package: Competitive base salary, benefits
Hours per week: Permanent, full-time
About the role
We are actively looking for a talented local HR generalist responsible for providing support to the People Operations function in our Mauritius office.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of missions, from supporting local recruitment, day-to-day HR administration activities to events planning and long-term projects and programs. This is a great opportunity to get extensive exposure in every facet of HR while working with a passionate People team across regions and together supporting the ambitious expansion plans of a Company which place people at the heart of its success.
About the Team
The People Team’s vision is to Attract, Enable, Empower, Engage and Develop our people to make Checkout.com the best place to work. How do we make this happen? Through a progressive approach and passionate team that has the employee experience at its core. Our People department comprises of 5 pillars - Acquisition, Experience, Culture, Development and Operations - whose mission is to connect the dots. This is a great opportunity to join a fun team and build a successful global company, together.
- Partner - provide consistent support and guidance locally, answering basic employee questions.
- Process - contribute to People policies and processes to meet employment law regulation and requirements.
- Collaborate with People Development to support local onboarding.
- Support People Acquisition with local recruitment needs and a seamless candidate experience.
- Pair with People Culture on employee engagement initiatives and local internal communications.
- Support People Experience in the planning of local events.
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of local Employees data held in all HR related systems to ensure all regular deadlines are met.
- 1-2 years’ successful experience in HR, preferably in a high paced environment
- Excellent computer skills including MS office suite. Knowledge of HR systems a plus.
- Strong organisational skills with effective prioritisation, good deadline management and the ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to build, nurture relationships and interact with all levels of management
- Flexible towards work requirements and ready to go the extra mile
- Knowledge of local labour laws and best practices would be a definite advantage
- Qualification in Human Resources or equivalent
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Dubai, Singapore, and London. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.