Greater than payments
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for a highly driven Finance Manager to join our rapidly growing team in Dubai. You will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements, analysing weekly financial information, supporting the annual budget and quarterly forecasting process. The ideal candidate will be a SWIFT payments expert with experience in a start-up environment. This is a great opportunity to progress and grow with the business.
- Monthly Close and management reporting, including preparation of monthly accounts, timely reporting to the Group and ownership of the balance sheet & monthly reconciliations
- Management information reporting
- Provide hands-on support/approval to the payments operations team and assist with daily processing tasks
- Development of KPIs and KPI tools in alignment with divisional guidelines
- Production of KPI reports meeting group & divisional requirements
- Departmental overhead reporting
- Cash flow reviews and working capital reporting
- Financial planning & forecasting, including preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasting, preparation of forecast balance sheet and cash flow
- Assisting with the annual audit
- Preparing VAT returns for the UAE
- Prioritise the teams workflow - ensure all cut-off times are adhered to
- Assist with the development of junior members of staff
- Ensure operational risks are identified and reported to the Manager
- Relationship partner for external stakeholders (Banks, accountants etc)
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Accounting or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Newly Qualified (ACA or ACCA) with practice experience in FinTech or Financial Services
- Highly numerate, with strong analytical skills and ability to work through problems logically
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels
- Demonstrated experience of working within the financial services industry
- In-depth understanding of transactional processes coupled with the ability to identify workflow inefficiencies and deliver solutions to correct them
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight delivery schedules
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Knowledge of SWIFT payments is highly desirable
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Dubai, Singapore, London, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.