Greater than payments
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a VP Treasury to join our fast-growing Finance team, in our London HQ. The candidate will be responsible to manage the Group’s global treasury movements and liquidity position, reporting to the CFO. The role will require partnering with multiple areas of the broader Finance function, including Management accounting, FP&A, Tax and Corporate Finance departments.
The VP Treasury will oversee full treasury movements within the company’s global acquiring network, utilising internal tools & reporting to manage and forecast global settlements, pay-outs and daily cash flow position. The VP Treasury will also maintain a full set of policies and procedures that ensure an adequate level of control over treasury activities, as well as financial risk management procedures.
The ideal candidate is result-driven, able to work with minimum supervision within a high intensity, fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Oversight of treasury movements within the company’s global acquiring network
- Manage and forecast global settlements, pay-outs and daily cash flow position
- Utilise a range of corporate banking & FinTech partners to continually optimise the group’s domestic balances, liquidity, and funds available for investment
- Work closely with FP&A function to plan ongoing operational & capital investment requirements
- Oversee the group’s multi-currency processing, settlement and payout activities, utilising a range of partners and solutions for optimal FX trading
- Manage hedging to mitigate financial risks and foreign exchange positions
- Oversee day to day operational finance matters
- Maintain targeted banking relationships, in partnership with the Strategic Finance function
- Oversee and manage reporting of liquidity to management as part of ongoing MIS
- Manage investment of excess liquidity utilising the asset management functions of partner banks
- Input on relevant features of current product roadmap that touches on treasury movements
- 10+ years track record managing large and complex treasury movements in an international setup
- Experience in Payments (Acquiring / Issuing) desirable but not required
- Experience utilising BI reporting tools (Looker/Power BI/Tableau etc) is desirable
- Mastery of financial modelling and analytics
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker with strong judgement and foresight
- Track record managing a fast-growing team with a range of skillsets
- Experience overseeing controls and mitigating operational and financial risk
- Confident in synthesising and presenting relevant information to a senior audience
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience working with senior management
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Dubai, Singapore, and London. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.