Greater than payments
(Sr.) Sales Manager (m/f/d) #payments #ecommerce€45k – €75k
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimize their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Checkout.com are actively for an enthusiastic and talented Sales Manager to join our new office and fast growing Team in Berlin and drive our rapid growth in Germany and the region for our revolutionary online payment solution.
If you are a hands-on and charismatic Sales champion with a successful track record of selling forward-thinking ecommerce/payments solutions in a high-growth, competitive environment, this is the role for you to make a difference. In return, on top of a tremendous working environment, we offer you an unrivalled uncapped commissions plan with recurring commissions!
From actively sourcing new merchants across preferred lines of business to swimmingly converting inbound leads of all shapes and sizes, you will handle multiple short sales cycles, ensuring a high conversion rate and outperforming your sales targets. Reporting to the Country Manager/VP Sales and collaborating closely with various in-house talents across Technology and Business to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with prospects.
The ideal candidate will need to be an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform sales targets through personal drive.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify the most promising merchants and verticals that will help Checkout.com grow a healthy pipeline across a preferred line of business across Germany and the region
- Sell our new cross-borders payment solutions and services to ecommerce merchants in the region through cold calling, networking, fairs etc.
- Help new merchants evaluate Checkout.com and handle detailed questions about our product capabilities
- Prepare thorough presentations and proposals for prospective merchants
- Orchestrate the entire Sales process and act as the main point of contact for merchants and other internal stakeholders involved
- Maintain a solid, well-organised portfolio and nurture key accounts
- Partner with other Sales Managers to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Provide feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- 3+ years Sales experience in the ecommerce and/or payments industry
- Solid network of potential prospects or partners in Germany would be preferable
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce
- Tech-savvy, with a passion for Technology
- Solid business acumen and awareness of financial factors
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills and techniques
- Highly organised and able to prioritise shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Fluency in English and German
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, Dubai, Singapore, and London. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.