Greater than payments
Senior / Lead Software Engineer (.NET / C#)£55k – £75k
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimize their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
Checkout.com adventure is rocketing and we are looking for driven and talented Senior Software Developers to join/lead our excellence-driven agile squads.
Our goal is to serve millions of shoppers around the world with the most reliable, innovative and secure service-oriented web based payment solution. You will contribute to enhancing our solution across various channels (web, mobile, etc.). Exposed to the entire SDLC, you will work on the specification, design, coding, testing and deployment of various solutions within a Microsoft .NET environment.
The ideal candidate is passionate and spirited, lives and breathes Agile and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Coach and train squad's junior team mates
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Mastery of .NET & Core
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing (NUnit, Moq, FluentValidation, Specflow)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Knowledge of AWS is beneficial
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.
have fun together
be closer to everything
it's your day, celebrate
because we value you
Checkout.com at a glance
Checkout.com focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Transaction Processing, Payments, and Retail Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Dubai, Singapore, London, and Paris. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Checkout.com has raised $230M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.