The Org Management Platform
Software Engineer$120k – $140k • 0.06% – 0.18%
We are looking for full stack software engineers to build world-class people software that delights our customers. You’ll be joining a small but mighty team where you can help to drive both the mission and technical direction of Charthop. You’ll be working on a modern stack (Kotlin, React, MongoDB, AWS) to add critical new features and functionality to our already rich platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing clear, maintainable, well-organized, secure code that creates amazing experiences for our customers
- Thoughtfully balance scalability, data security, and customer experience, while always keeping our system as simple as possible (but no simpler)
- Fix bugs, dig into escalated support issues and work with the team to solve problems
- Deliver realistic estimates around work, and work autonomously to deliver committed work on deadline
- Write documentation and test coverage that helps other engineers that follow after you
- Give feedback and contribute to product and architectural requirements, while following agreed acceptance criteria
- Code review, give peer feedback, and communicate actively with teammates to help everyone succeed
- Help onboard other engineers, and contribute to tooling and processes that help make the whole team better
- Off-hours response to critical system incidents or high-priority defects that are blocking customers
- 3+ Years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- You want to work on both backend and frontend codebases
- You have a desire to work on a platform that is relentlessly customer focused
- You have a desire to work at an early stage startup
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience with our stack
- CS Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
We are based in NYC but open to remote engineers.