Be proactive with farm management tools powered by aerial imagery and data analytics
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Ceres Imaging is a venture-backed agriculture technology company with a mission to drastically reduce farming’s environmental footprint while increasing farmer profitability. Founded out of Stanford in 2013 Ceres Imaging has grown into the market leader in aerial imagery and analytics for agriculture and was recently cited by Fast Company as one of the 7 leading technologies making global farming smarter and more productive. The 90-person Ceres Imaging team is defined by a passion for science and agriculture, the belief that diverse companies are better companies, and a shared desire to help solve major environmental issues at a global scale.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Sales Development Representative to join our growing team. Your primary responsibility is to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with marketing, following up on inbound leads and cold outreach. This position requires heavy outbound phone calling, qualification, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the Account Executives to generate new opportunities. The SDR will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on Ceres Imaging’s offering and the agricultural industry in general. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product feedback back into the marketing and product organization and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
- Develop opportunities for the sales team from prospecting and marketing generated leads
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email with a high attention to detail
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including email and call scripts
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Salesforce.com
- Quickly learn the Ceres Imaging solution, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate AE, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- 1+ year of proven excellence in sales development, inside sales and/or sales
- Experience using Salesforce.com or comparable CRM strongly desired
- Experience using Salesloft would be a strong plus
- Experience in the agriculture industry would be a strong plus
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- 100% reliable and detail-oriented. A drive to execute flawlessly
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient
- Must live and breathe startups with broad responsibilities, crazy busy, dynamic environment, lots of responsibility and lots of fun
Ceres Imaging offers competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, 401k, work from home Wednesdays, Life, Health, Vision, Dental and Disability Insurance, and many other employee benefits!
If you are interested in applying to this role, please provide your resume and cover letter. If there is a match in your skills, a member of our Recruiting Team will be in touch.
attractive equity package commensurate with candidate qualifications
office stocked with locally grown fruits and vegetables from our own Employees' family farms
Ceres Imaging at a glance
Ceres Imaging focuses on Machine Learning, Big Data, Agriculture, Water, and Drones. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Oakland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ceres Imaging has raised $35.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.