Online care and medication management for anxiety and depression
Head of Engineering (Remote)$130k – $175k • 1.0% – 3.0%
Today, 1 in 3 Americans say they suffer from mental health problems like anxiety, depression, or insomnia. Despite this mental health epidemic, seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500.
Shocked? Us too. That's why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
We’re growing quickly and we need your help:
We are recruiting a Head of Engineering to build and manage a world-class engineering organization and culture, starting with our small-and-scrappy team of engineers. As Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for software development, architecture, and infrastructure across the organization.
This is an opportunity to do consequential work that directly helps tens of thousands of patients across the country improve their mental health, and helps hundreds of people on our growing care team do their jobs better.
- Lead engineering activities, teams, and projects across our Rails backend, React-based customer-facing experience, and React-based care team experience
- Recruit and manage world-class engineering talent—starting with our small and scrappy team of hackers
- Implement and continuously improve processes for high-velocity engineering, including DevOps, testing, CI/CD, PRs, etc.
- Work cross functionally with business leaders in product, revenue, data science, and clinical roles to create and prioritize an engineering roadmap
- Develop and monitor engineering metrics data for strategic planning
- Lead programs to ensure project documentation is complete and accurate. Develop process and standards to maintain these documentation systems
- Manage an agile software development process
- Represent the engineering organization with senior leadership
- A nerd with a Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering, Chemistry or related BA/BS degree
- An experienced software developer, with eight to ten years professional experience, ideally working in a software company with the title of Principal Software Engineer, Senior Member of Technical Staff, or higher.
- Experienced with strong architectural and system design skills in technologies such as Ruby on Rails and React
- Confident across AWS and CloudFlare—including EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Cloudfront, Route 53, etc.
- Good at “git fu”, including github, PR process, able to explain what cherry-picking and squash are for
- Experienced with modern SaaS build services (Codeship/Circle CI/Travis CI)
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Comfortable running an agile development process—and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change
- A leader and a change agent who makes things happen
- Passionate about improving the quality of life of our patients and providers, and a believer in Cerebral’s vision and values
Must be based in the U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.