Data Scientist- Research£30k – £70k • 0.0% – 1.0%
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Data Scientist to join our team working on automated machine learning for time series. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
causaLens leads causal AI research. Causality is a major step towards developing true AI. Our technology transforms organisations by autonomously discovering valuable insights that optimise business outcomes. Our flagship product, time-series prediction engine, goes beyond both traditional machine learning and AutoML. It has become the industry standard in the financial sector and is increasingly being used in a wide range of industries. causaLens is run by top scientists and engineers, 70% holding a PhD in a quantitative field. For more information visit www.causaLens.com or contact us on info@causaLens.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
causaLens in the News
• Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
• ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
• ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
• ‘Auto ML Platform Draws Interest from Discretionary Funds’ - machineByte
• ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
• ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
• ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
• ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
• ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
*Roles and Responsibilities *
This is an exciting role for a smart, creative person to take point on research and development of sophisticated, cutting-edge platform for machine learning on time series data.
• The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
• Competitive remuneration
• Share option scheme
• Pension scheme
• 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
• Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
• Good work-life balance
• Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
• Flexible work-from-home and remote days
• Cycle to work scheme
• Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
• Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
• Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
• Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of an intelligence test, interview and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
• Strong academic record (PhD & PostDoc preferred)
• Very advanced quantitative skills in machine learning/statistics/mathematics or similar fields
• Ability to translate advanced machine learning algorithms into code (Python preferred)
• Experience publishing journal papers (experience with writing grants preferred)
• Highly capable, self-motivated and personable
• Ability to demonstrate integrity and drive
• Naturally curious and effective problem solver
• An excellent written and verbal communicator with a high level of business acumen
• Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment