Software Engineer£30k – £70k • 0.0% – 1.0%
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Software Engineer based in London to join the team working on our exciting machine learning product. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
*The Company *
causaLens is pioneering a completely new approach to time-series prediction. Its Enterprise Platform is used to transform and optimise businesses that need accurate and robust predictions – including significant businesses in finance, IoT, energy and telecoms. Almost all current machine learning approaches, including AutoML solutions, severely overfit on time-series problems and therefore fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens was founded with the mission to devise Causal AI, which does not overfit, and so provides far more reliable and accurate predictions. The platform also includes capabilities such as autonomous data cleaning and searching, autonomous model discovery and end-to-end streaming productisation.
causaLens is on a mission to build truly intelligent machines that go beyond current machine learning approaches - a curve-fitting exercise. Devising Causal AI has allowed us to teach machines cause and effect for the first time - a major step towards true AI.
causaLens is run by scientists and engineers, the majority holding a PhD in a quantitative field. For more information visit www.causaLens.com or contact us on info@causaLens.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
causaLens in the News
Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
‘Auto ML Platform Draws Interest from Discretionary Funds’ - machineByte
‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop our Causal AI platform for time series. You will work as a software engineer in a team of software engineers and scientists. The application stack is composed of Python, Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn, XGBoost, Keras, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, and other technologies.
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of an intelligence test, interview and an on-site visit. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- This role is open for candidates of all seniorities, junior to senior.
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Ability to design and architect high-performance distributed software
- Development experience in at least one scripting language - preferably Python
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- In-depth understanding of computer architecture is preferable, e.g. C, C++, Cython
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ideally you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.