The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone
Software Engineer, Fulfillment
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Fulfillment pod within our engineering organization. This team is responsible for building the software to support our continued goal of building an efficient, effective, and delightful delivery experience for our customers. As a company built on a strong digital foundation, technology is integral to our vision and how customers interact with the Casper brand. As a Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in enabling teams across the organization to deliver to our customers the promise of a great night’s sleep via the e-commerce, wholesale, and retail channels!
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Lead the execution, planning, and release of direct-to-consumer, wholesale, and retail fulfillment focused projects that improve the customer experience.
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code across the browser and server that adheres to best practices.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to lead the technical design and ownership of projects with major company impact.
- Develop applications end-to-end, working with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies that solve problems and delight users.
Our dream candidate is...
- Knowledgeable about modern backend frameworks like Rails, Django, and their associated build systems
- Open-minded and values a team that is flexible around implementation.
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, and their associated technologies
- A clear communicator who can reduce ambiguity and promote transparency with team members and co-workers
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. ** ** We look forward to learning more about you!