The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone.
Wholesale Planning Manager
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Planning Manager will report to the VP of Global Wholesale and will oversee all wholesale planning and supporting the sales team to achieve maximum sales, volume and profitability. The Planning Manager will be instrumental in budgeting, forecasting, and reporting on the wholesale business. They will be responsible for facilitating the growth of our partners by helping to develop category strategies that align with company goals. They will be strategic, forward thinking in driving revenue and be able to forecast both front end and back end opportunities and challenges. They will develop and implement tools that provide planning infrastructure, process & reporting to the wholesale channel for scale.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Rolling 3 year plans by account / category
- Develop annual wholesale revenue budget by month at account / product level.
- Own monthly revenue reforecast - Work closely with Sales and Finance to accurately forecast wholesale revenue, RTV’s, MD’s, and VA impact
- Develop seasonal market targets by account that align to budgeted revenue projections
- Partner with demand planning by providing accurate revenue forecasts by account and model to ensure channel inventory needs are met
- Develop hindsight reporting by season including final product selling, classification selling, sku counts, price bands
- Partner with sales to develop assortment strategies by distribution channel and geo to further drive opportunity
- Drive deep dive product analysis by partner and channel to support sales strategy
- Standardize weekly/monthly business reporting for sell through results across distribution channels and geos for both product and location selling
- Review and analyze monthly account otb’s with the sales team. Develop and quantify action plans to improve and mitigate EOS needs
- Manage account location projections on a monthly basis by account
- Provide quarterly market share performance by account/location
Our dream candidate has...
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years wholesale planning experience with a global brand
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
- Ability to balance analytics with product and market trends
- Advanced skills in retail math; sales, gross margin, return on investment (ROI), weeks of supply (WOS), turn, etc. and how to impact them
- Expert Excel skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Manages multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Able to present business strategies and action plans to all levels of management
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. **** We look forward to learning more about you!