The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone.
Director of Product Management, Connected
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Director of Product Management, Connected. You will enhance the performance of Casper’s innovative sleep products, driving the channel strategy, owning the P&L and determining category strategy and metrics.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Co-own Connected P&L, as well as product and category margin targets, including physical and digital products (ex. Glow and Glow app, future products and apps). Responsible for setting and achieving key category metrics. Collaborate with cross-functional counterparts to ensure integration with the Casper App and Platform.
- Craft category strategy to optimize top line growth, profitability and brand progression and growth. Leverage in-depth understanding of customers, technology, and competition to inform the development and evolution of the category strategy.
- Develop, present and deliver Product Briefs, Product Requirements Documents and Marketing Requirements Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification. Work closely with product teams to evolve PRDs/MRDs throughout the product development process. * *
- Provide product and marketplace expertise, including a clear understanding of customer priorities to ensure the products’ success. Collaborate cross-functionally to effectively communicate product objectives.
- Own the product launch cadence and facilitate successful launches for the Connected category in collaboration with the product launch program manager.
- Provide reports and analysis on category sales targets and results across channels and make recommendations to optimize the multichannel strategy.
- Drive business success, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure buy-in and appropriate execution from concept, to design, sample production, testing, forecasting, costing, mass production, promotional support, and product end of life.
- Collaborate with channel and product development stakeholders to ensure alignment on resources, scope, and priorities.
Our dream candidate is...
- 7-10 years of hands on product management or merchandising experience with consumer electronic products, delivering high volume consumer electronic devices and multi-platform products (hardware, firmware, and mobile application).
- Experience with agile software and hardware development.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; experience translating complex ideas into clear, concise communications
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- A proven experience in project management, delegation and prioritization
- Innovative problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented leader
- A proven track record delivering profitable margins in the connected product category.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field required.
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. **** We look forward to learning more about you!