The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone.
HR Manager, Retail
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a HR Manager, Retail to join our People team. You will manage a broad range of HR responsibilities including talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management and career development for our expanding Retail Fleet across North America. You will also support strategic projects that enable best in class People initiatives and manage the day to day execution of a growing HR function. You will closely partner with our store teams in their employee lifecycle and ensure that our policies and practices scale and serve the business goals. This position reports to the Director of People, Retail.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Provide HR partnership to our Retail stores and teams across North America, supporting a growing fleet of 60 stores currently
- Ensure the successful opening of new stores, serving as a critical business partner to on-boarding retail leadership, ensuring the stores are fully staffed prior to opening and that policies are implemented
- Lead talent acquisition for new store openings, retail management positions for existing stores, and key retail HQ positions. Responsible for full cycle recruitment for store level field roles. Serve as the main point of contact for HR and People inquiries including employee relations, performance management, and employee experience
- Effectively manage HR compliance across North America and help inform, iterate and implement best in class HR policies and procedures
- Provide advisement to Area Managers and Store Leadership on workplace issues and SOPs. Provide expertise and leadership on employee relations for the fleet, a population of 600+ employees. Proactively implement strategies that mitigate risk and ensure a healthy, happy work environment
- Support People initiatives focused on associate experience, training needs, recognition programs and others that support our mission of being the world’s most loved sleep company
- Work cross-functionally to ensure organizational needs are being met and that our People practices align with business goals
- Partner with Legal, Communications, Retail Excellence and Learning & Development to execute a best in class employee lifecycle
- Help to build community across stores and offices, driving employee engagement
- Provide mentorship and development to retail people team members
Our dream candidate has...
- 5-8 years experience as an HR Generalist within the Retail, Fashion or Hospitality industries; experience supporting distributed teams across different geographies
- Experience partnering with all employee levels, including senior management on complex employee issues
- Demonstrated competencies in full-cycle recruitment and a range of HR functions
- Possesses strong business acumen; experience as an HR Business Partner a plus
- Knowledge of employment law across various states, proven track record of identifying and mitigating risk and experience with performance management tools & approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with all aspects of labor and employee relation's activities and dispute resolution
- Natural and expedient problem-solver; strong communication dexterity, proactive
- Comfortable working in high-growth environments and working through ambiguity; experience building solutions from the ground up (startup/ smaller team experience a plus)
- Excellent coaching skills; takes an amenable, empathetic approach to HR and People
- Possesses a global mindset
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
**** If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. **** We look forward to learning more about you!