The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone.
Senior Financial Analyst
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. In this role you will report to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis and support groups across the organization. This person will support annual budgeting, monthly reporting, strategic projects and ad hoc analysis. The right candidate will have a meticulous nature and an attention to detail, coupled with an ability to assess the big picture and concisely tell Casper’s story through the numbers
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Support monthly financial reporting for departments, leadership and the board, delivering the relevant financial information, analysis and context in a clear and concise manner to frame and facilitate management discussions
- Support business partners during the annual budget and reforecasts, facilitating cross functional collaboration to ensure the budget supports Casper’s strategic plan
- Support strategic projects including 5 year strategic planning, fundraising efforts, potential partnerships or M&A activity, and investor relations
- Partner with departments using financial analysis to optimize ongoing processes and evaluate the viability of strategic initiatives including new products, pricing decisions, partnerships, marketing strategies
- Partner with accounting to analyze and interpret actual financial performance vs. operating plan
- Create and maintain detailed forecasting models and reports using our financial modeling and reporting tool, Adaptive, in order to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution with exceptional academic record
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial role including investment banking, management consulting, accounting or financial planning & analysis
- Strong Excel skills, experience with financial modeling and a solid base in accounting and finance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities on a simultaneous basis
- Experience with JD Edwards and Adaptive a plus, but not required
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. **** We look forward to learning more about you!