The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone.
Construction Project Manager
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Construction Project Manager who will report to the Director of Store Development. They will be responsible for carrying out the construction of Casper retail stores and must be able to manage a large number of projects simultaneously, while interfacing with internal partners.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Strong budget estimating experience and understanding of regional cost differences.
- Manage retail construction for the Casper brick and mortar expansion
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organization, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with due diligence real estate assessments – site viability, site specific cost and schedule implications, review lease exhibits and work letters
- Partner with real estate, store design, experience, retail, operations, and IT teams to develop layouts to meet business goals
- Review architectural, engineering, and vendor submittals – construction document review, shop drawings review, review and approval of vendor proposals
- Follow permit expediting process to ensure permits are received in a timely manner
- Manage construction schedule including delivery of owner supplied items, manage progress to meet milestones
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and confirm progress toward completion
- Manage construction budgeting, bidding, and negotiating with vendors and general contractors, review change orders, request purchase orders and review invoices for payment
- Assist with construction project management of other special projects as needed
- Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
- Experience in working with lighting, MEP, and other project related consultants
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Up to 50% travel
Our dream candidate has...
- A degree in architecture or construction management
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an internal brand team designing and building stores
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. **** We look forward to learning more about you!