The sleep startup that created the perfect mattress, sheets, and pillow for everyone
Engineering Manager, Connected Devices Software
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to build a connected devices software team in our San Francisco office. As a manager of the team, you’ll be helping to expand Casper’s product lineup to consumer electronic devices that help customers sleep better.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Hire and manage a team of 4+ software engineers for mobile apps and backend service through the development process with a focus on speed of delivery and high quality outcomes
- Collaborate as a leader on the software technical design process to architect, build, secure, and scale production services
- Develop, track, and communicate progress and risks to technology roadmap, maintaining alignment with product roadmap
- Coach direct reports through professional development plans cultivating one or more direct reports into tech leads
- Foster productive collaboration between the design and firmware teams and other disparate functions, teams, and departments
Our dream candidate...
- Highly motivated and pushes teams to strive for greatness
- Experienced in building and contributing to diverse and inclusive environments
- Has years of experience leading or managing software engineers
- Has years of experience building software and/or hardware for consumer electronics
- Has a degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experienced as a people manager successfully coaching direct reports into achieving their goals
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the code if necessary
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!
Medical, vision & dental insurance
Sleep is just a pillar of wellness - we've got you covered on the rest.
Dream big and prepare for the future.
Unlimited paid time off
Take time away from work to recharge and reconnect with Unlimited PTO
Bi-weekly catered lunches
Bi-weekly catered lunches. Eat a diverse range of cuisines and catch up with coworkers.
Get paid to go to the gym and sleep (yes, you read that right).
Full gifted bed set
Mattress, sheets, and pillows - the works. Plus, discounts for your friends and family.
Casper at a glance
Casper focuses on E-Commerce, Retail, and Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Casper has raised $239.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.