A smart home that adapts to you
Devops Engineer$55k – $120k • 0.01% – 0.1%
Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to the devices in consumer's homes, and adapts the home to resident's preferences. The company is in its second year and has already made substantial cash revenue. It was co-founded by Ashutosh Saxena (CEO) and David Cheriton (Chief Scientist). Their previous companies include Arista Networks (NSDQ: ANET), Apstra Networks, and Zibby.
Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident's preferences. Caspar’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
As a devops engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to design, deploy, and operate our development and production systems, You should have the skills to work on any components of a system, from the hardware up to the applications, and the flexibility to adapt to rapid change.
-You will support the deployment and management of the devices that are part of our home installations. Reliability and uptime is critical.
-You’ll be taking responsibility for monitoring production systems, as well as helping to resolve any operational issues that come up.
-Collaborate with development, field operations, and vendors around the world.
-Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
-Configure and support development, testing, and production environments, including hardware, OS and application layer software.
-Act as a technical expert for computer system administration, for development, production and administrative systems.
-Communicate consistently and clearly to understand plans, needs, and issues of your customers, whether they are software developers or residents.
- Strong background in Linux system administration, proficient in the use of common tools used for installation and management of systems.
- Well versed in the IP networking model, the networking and application stack concepts, and ability to diagnose problems in specific layers.
- Experience using version-control control tools, especially git.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and cloud services (experience with Docker and/or AWS is a plus).
- Some knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools, like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL. NoSQL experience with Redis is a plus, too,).
- A working understanding of common programming languages , such as Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby.
- Awareness of best practices and security procedures in an always-up, always-available service.
- You must be comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional boundaries.
- Must be able to commute to the office you will be working from: Redwood City, CA (San Francisco, Bay Area) Venice Beach, CA (Los Angeles, CA) Tokyo, Japan, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Las Vegas, NV