Empowering hospitals to improve operations
Full Stack Engineer
Are you driven to make an impact in healthcare? We believe that the path to better patient outcomes starts with more fulfilled, better utilized clinicians who are liberated to focus on their true calling, helping patients. At Carta, we design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone.
You love solving complex engineering problems, by creating beautiful, and well-tested algorithms. You’re a positive individual who leads by example, drives conceptual thinking, and brings a curiosity and experimental approach to solving engineering challenges. You enjoy building new features and writing elegant code. If this describes you--you belong at Carta.
- We saved our first client $3M/year, now we are working with eight hospital chains. Started less than two years ago, so we've seen rapid growth. Our product line is applicable to virtually every hospital, so we have lots of growth ahead of us.
- Our core platform does some really awesome stuff with NLP to build a rich knowledge graph that tells the story of a patient going through the health system. It solves a number of open data science challenges and could be easily applied outside of healthcare.
- We have a really fantastic team of passionate and talented technical folks. For example, our CEO helped discover the Higgs Boson, ran the data platform team of Deepfield, an internet infrastructure company acquired by Nokia, and then went to Stanford's business school to study healthcare.
What you'll be doing…
You will be working on the technology that defines Carta, our custom database and implementations of Carta's custom query language, developing, scaling and implementing Carta's SaaS services architecture. You will know the state of design decisions and implications of most areas of the product and ensure that it is designed and built for Cloud scale deployments.
Some of the things you'll be implementing also include…
- Build and implement the technical vision for Carta's architecture
- Collaborate with colleagues to design and architect industry leading SaaS BI solutions, able to operate at cloud scale
- Design, edit and review technical/functional specifications and documentation from various feature teams
Who you are…
Experience working with and building databases. 4+ years experience with large-scale SaaS offerings. Deep AWS or other public cloud expertise. BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, advanced degree preferred. You are an expert in Java, SQL and Python. You are familiar with building Restful Web-services and continuous integration framework. You have a passion for solving complex problems and are motivated to improve healthcare We are looking for people who share our values and mission. You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- IT security experience
- Healthcare IT experience
- Integrating with Epic health data models
Carta is an equal opportunity employer with a collaborative culture
Excited to talk to you!