Empowering hospitals to improve operations
Clinical Data Abstractor
Carta Healthcare is a rapidly growing start up designing software products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver patient care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone. We’re looking for a Clinical Data Abstractor who will work under the direction of the Lead Data Abstractor to review patient records and abstract (extract) key data elements from electronic medical records (EPIC). These details are then entered electronically in our proprietary database to complete data collection for CV Registries on our own platform (example: ACC’s IMPACT Registry, PC4, PAC-3, STS).
At Carta, we believe we can provide you with an exciting workplace experience. You choose the schedule and work environment that works best for you! We want your participation and your feedback. If you’re a positive individual who leads by example, is detail oriented, and brings a curiosity and experimental approach to solving complex problems, we want to work with you!
This is a start-up role, where we will ask you to wear many hats and participate in a variety of data specific projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Data collection and entry for multiple registries for Carta clients
- Collaborate with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physicians, other medical professionals to complete patient encounters
- Communicate with Carta team and reporting hospitals to streamline data
- Provide data analysis to reporting hospital managers, as appropriate
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying. Basic medical terminology, proficiency in EPIC EMR, and exposure to a healthcare environment is appropriate. You should be neat, detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills. You are able to work in a collaborative and independent environment.
- Full time availability starting in 2019
- Spend the first several months on site in the SF bay area
- Remote work a possibility after successful onboarding
- Experience in Pediatric Cardiology, relevant clinical background
- Wants to grow with the company and believes in the mission
Carta is an equal opportunity employer with a collaborative culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
Carta Healthcare at a glance
Carta Healthcare focuses on Health Care Information Technology, Hospitals, Cloud Data Services, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Mateo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://carta.healthcare