Sell in a snap, buy with a chat
Carousell is one of the world's largest and fastest growing mobile classifieds apps with a mission to inspire every person in the world to start selling and buying to make more possible for one another.
Since our launch in Aug 2012, we've expanded into 8 countries with over 250 million listings. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
We are looking for an Accountant for our fast-growing Finance team. Join Us, if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while also having an eye for the nuances that make or break a brand!
This role will report into the Finance Operations Manager & it is a full-time role.
In this role the candidate will be required to solve routine problems, largely through precedent and referral to general guidelines. Expected regular interaction is with HQ Team and other subsidiaries in South East Asia.
Revenue & Receivables:
- Revenue recognition (sales tracker) and reconciliations.
- Revenue filling & VAT report update.
- Inter company revenue computation and invoicing.
- Unbilled Accounts Receivable check.
Purchases & Payables:
- Managing weekly vendor payments, payable aging, internal tools for Purchase Order, Invoice approval etc..
- Monthly employee claim review (using internal tools) and approval. Sharing report to the People team for processing with salary.
- Accrual for recurring/ non-recurring vendor invoices, updating report for month close.
- Accrual for sales commission for multiple revenue streams.
Cash & Bank:
- Petty Cash closing, receipt check, cash book update.
- Bank reconciliation for monthly closing.
- Account reconciliation (escrow wallet).
- Payroll report update, withholding tax check, other payable for Health insurance, labor insurance and pension.
- Fixed Asset Module closing (Additions, Deletions, Depreciation & Fixed Asset Register Review).
- Prepayment amortization, prepayment report update.
- Overall check for monthly book closure.
- MIS reporting with Balance Sheet schedules & P/L variance analysis.
- VAT report reconciliation with government reports.
- Other miscellaneous tasks including strong stakeholder management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or any related discipline. ACCA or CPA preferred.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in controllership roles.
- Possess good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and IT savvy.
- Comfortable to work on both routine and ad-hoc requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (in English) along with stakeholder management experience.
- Highly motivated and well organised individual, able to work well under pressure.
- Candidates with experience of working on Netsuite (Oracle) or similar platforms will be preferred.