Creating trusted local networks of home care and community services
Full Stack Software Developer$70k – $90k
Why work at Caredove?
The main reason people love working at Caredove is the impact they can have on thousands of patients and healthcare providers.
Have you ever lived through the process of getting a referral to an important health care service? The waiting, the phone tag, the mystery, the anxiety ... almost everybody has a horror story. We created Caredove to take the pain out of accessing home care and community services.
The Product - Caredove
It's really hard to connect with home care and community services, so people struggle even though there are services out there that can help them. Caredove was built to make it easy to connect with these services.
Caredove is an online referral management platform that helps people search, book, and connect with home care and community services.
We want to bring a consumer-oriented approach to providing health care software, where our users love using what we build. We are excited about building Caredove and are looking for team members who share our passion for helping people who need care. We develop software that pays attention to the big and small details of people's experience when getting new health care services.
The Opportunity - Full Stack Software Developer
Caredove is seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join our team. You will help build new features and update existing ones. You will be working in a variety of application development related activities, in a startup atmosphere.
We have an office in Orillia Ontario where we gather 2-3 times per week. The rest of the time we work virtually.
In this role, you will:
● code systems within our core application, Caredove.com. The work will be a mix of front and back-end, using primarily React, Node Js, Postgresql, and PHP/Laravel
● be responsible for building out new modules and supporting applications for Caredove.com
● develop Caredove's API architecture and integration tools (HL7 FHIR based)
● collaborate with a cross-functional team
● provide input to Caredove's technical direction and architecture
● work closely with designer, product owner, and CTO
● contribute to a large code base, shipping your code frequently
You will be a great fit for this position if you:
● are motivated by doing quality work
● you are effective at collaborating in the virtual, dispersed working environment
● love building clean code
● have an independent streak
● have experience in agile/lean development methodologies
● have experience interfacing with third-party APIs and frameworks with ReSTful JSON APIs
● have experience with high-security software architecture handling sensitive information
● are comfortable interacting with customers, on occasion, as part of the agile development process
Bonus Points for:
● experience with HL7 FHIR or related standards
● health Industry experience
● experience Integrating with health care applications/EMRs
● speaking and writing in French
This role may not be a good fit for you if:
● you need somebody staring over your shoulder and micromanaging you to be productive
We understand you may not be expert in all areas. However, the greater your expertise and fit with all we need, the higher you will be on the pay scale.
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are fluid depending on the pressures of the day. We are learning constantly, we hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits, we avoid report writing, long emails, and PowerPoint at all costs. We try to live healthy lifestyles.
Please apply by stating:
- WHY you wish to work at Caredove
- WHY you think Caredove should hire you
We reward loyalty and high performance in a team atmosphere.
Caredove's main office is in Orillia, Ontario.