Say "hello" to better care!
Technical Product Manager$110k – $140k • 0.2% – 0.8%
At care.coach, we are pioneering human-in-the-loop digital avatars that psychosocially support and improve behavioral health among the highest-need, highest-risk patients (typically elderly) both in the hospital and at home. Please check out the following for more info about how we help people living at home, including those affected by COVID-19 and self-isolation:
- This news clip about our product.
- This article and news story about how we are helping combat the lonliness epidemic.
A 2019 Stanford-authored clinical study paper also shows that our avatars reduce falls and delirium among hospitalized elders by 80%+, and significantly reduce loneliness.
We're looking for a talented and mission-aligned product manager with an engineering background and high proficiency with software development/coding to join our growing team in a key technical leadership role, reporting to the CEO.
- Help define, through close collaboration with interdisciplinary stakeholders, the long-term vision and strategy for the company's product platform and communicate the strategy to/from relevant participants.
- Coordinate with engineering, operations, sales, customer success, and healthcare personnel to identify and specify software development, DevOps, and non-software product priorities and to provide product documentation and recommendations.
- Analyze, interpret, and make product decisions based on data and statistics, including those pertaining to sensitive patient medical records and avatar interaction data.
- Assist in the architecture, engineering, development, and quality assurance of data-producing/consuming software, including changes to legacy web application software, to optimize the use of machine learning and AI techniques.
- Contribute to hiring and training processes for engineering and product-related personnel.
- Participate in code review processes and exhibit deep personal experience in software development sufficient to provide concrete feedback and ensure code quality despite not being expected to write code on a regular basis.
- Provide engineering leadership and exercise managerial authority over several direct reports in scheduling and assigning product development resources, following up on work results, and recognizing and coaching team members as appropriate.
- Reinforce and improve upon agile product development practices/processes.
- Liase with customers/clients/press and contribute to customer success and account growth by encouraging increasing levels of product utilization among prospective and existing customers.
- Serve as subject matter expert to the engineering team by becoming knowledgeable regarding industry and customer goals, challenges, and requirements.
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience developing complex software and systems of people/process/technology.
- 4+ years developing software as an individual contributor (or engineering manager while also writing code personally) in an agile software development environment, preferably with a startup.
- 2+ years’ experience managing several concurrent direct reports.
- Experience in product management.
- Demonstrated success in launching successful new products or leading major, business-impacting improvements to existing products.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Knowledge of machine learning principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and spoken communication; soft skills.
- Collaborative, industrious, studious, and proactive personality capable of working with and leading a multi-disciplinary, diverse team in a flat org structure.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Graduate degree with research thesis, or MBA
- LAMP stack w/ PHP
- C#/Unity 3D
- 3D modeling/animation
- UI/UX, design thinking
- Applied machine learning
- Microsoft Azure cloud architecture
- Mechanical design & production (for our proprietary tablet enclosures)
- Information security, HIPAA
- Health/senior care industry
- Customer success/support/sales
Our office is located in Millbrae, CA, within walking distance of BART and Caltrain, and right next to the SFO airport.
We do not offer visa sponsorship. This is not a remote position.
Regarding COVID-19, we are an essential business and a key part of our health plan and state department customers' pandemic response plans to support vulnerable individuals in isolation.
Help transform healthcare and bring the benefits of technology to those who need it the most -- join us!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
At our Millbrae headquarters, we follow all COVID-19 safety guidelines, including social distancing, masks, and sanitizer. We have been inspected by the local authorities and are in compliance with all relevant guidelines.