Say "hello" to better care!
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Focus on Front End)$115k – $135k • 0.2% – 0.5%
care.coach is pioneering human-in-the-loop digital avatars that psychosocially support and improve behavioral health among the highest-need, highest-risk patients (typically elderly) both in the hospital and at home. Please check out https://care.coach/news-clip and http://www.prweb.com/releases/care_coach_expands_avatar_deployments_to_fight_covid_19_loneliness_epidemic/prweb17014415.htm for more info about how we help people living at home, including with COVID-19. A 2019 Stanford-authored clinical study paper at https://www.jmir.org/2019/10/e13440 also shows that our avatars reduce falls and delirium among hospitalized elders by 80%+ and significantly reduce loneliness.
We're looking for a talented and mission-aligned engineer to join our team in a key engineering role --
- Coordinate with engineering, operational, and healthcare personnel to identify and specify software development priorities and to provide technical documentation and recommendations
- As part of an agile development methodology, iteratively improve both front-end and back-end web application features of our human-in-the-loop avatar platform
- Assist in the architecture, engineering, and implementation of communications and APIs between multiple mobile and web-based software systems
- In coordination with a senior machine learning and AI engineer, assist in the architecture, engineering, and development of data-producing/consuming software, including changes to legacy web application software, to optimize the use of machine learning and AI techniques
- * reliable - 3 or less sick days taken in last year
- Master's in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or Bachelor's with extensive experience developing very complex software
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles in theory and practice
- 2+ years in an agile software development environment, preferably with a startup
- 4+ years experience developing web-based applications, including front-end and back-end work
- Self-motivated, independent thinker capable of working within a multi-disciplinary, diverse team
Additional Desired Experience:
- LAMP stack w/ PHP
- Azure cloud platform
Our office is located in Millbrae, CA, within walking distance of BART and Caltrain, and right next to the SFO airport.
**NOTE: We do NOT EVER offer visa sponsorship and this is NOT a remote position!!! If you are on any kind of visa or want to work from home, please do not apply.