Say "hello" to better care!
Senior Natural Language AI & Machine Learning Engineer$120k – $140k • 0.2% – 0.5%
care.coach is pioneering human-in-the-loop digital avatars that psychosocially support and improve behavioral health among the highest-need, highest-risk patients (typically elderly) both in the hospital and at home. Please check out https://care.coach/news-clip and http://www.prweb.com/releases/care_coach_expands_avatar_deployments_to_fight_covid_19_loneliness_epidemic/prweb17014415.htm for more info about how we help people living at home. A 2019 Stanford-authored clinical study paper at https://www.jmir.org/2019/10/e13440 also shows that our avatars reduce falls and delirium among hospitalized elders by 80%+ and significantly reduce loneliness.
We're looking for a talented and mission-aligned engineer to join our team in a key technical role --
- Coordinate with engineering, operational, and healthcare personnel to identify and specify software development priorities and to provide technical documentation and recommendations
- Prepare data, including sensitive patient medical records and avatar interaction data, for use in machine learning systems
- Assist in the architecture, engineering, and development of data-producing/consuming software, including changes to legacy web application software, to optimize the use of machine learning and AI techniques
- Design and implement conversational AI systems:
- Automate patient-avatar conversations using automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language processing (NLP), and natural language generation (NLG) techniques
- Intelligently and in real-time divert interactions to human staff if the AI system has low confidence
- Dynamically learn and improve conversational AI based on the self-labeling nature of diverted interactions
- Apply advanced techniques to compensate for environmental noise and age-related changes in speech
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience developing complex software
- 5+ years of experience (including grad school) developing machine learning and voice/conversation-based applications for practical use
- 2+ Years in an agile software development environment, preferably with a startup
- 2+ Years experience developing web-based applications and working with RESTful APIs
- Fluency in Python & MySQL
- Knowledge of software engineering principles
- Experience managing small numbers (e.g. 2) of direct reports
- Self-motivated, independent thinker capable of working within a multi-disciplinary, diverse team
- reliable - 3 or less sick days taken in last year
Additional Desired Experience:
- LAMP stack w/ PHP
- Django framework
- Application of machine learning and AI techniques to healthcare data and use cases
- Audio signal processing and noise reduction
- Machine vision
- Development of data mining, analytics, dashboards and reporting systems
Our office is located in Millbrae, CA, within walking distance of BART and Caltrain, and right next to the SFO airport.
**NOTE: We do NOT EVER offer visa sponsorship and this is NOT a remote position!!! If you are on any kind of visa or want to work from home, please do not apply.