Say "hello" to better care!
Senior Android & Unity 3D Mobile Engineer$100k – $130k • 0.2% – 0.5%
care.coach is pioneering human-in-the-loop digital avatars that psychosocially support and improve behavioral health among the highest-need, highest-risk patients (typically elderly) both in the hospital and at home. Please check out https://care.coach/news-clip and http://www.prweb.com/releases/care_coach_expands_avatar_deployments_to_fight_covid_19_loneliness_epidemic/prweb17014415.htm for more info about how we help people living at home, including those effected by COVID-19 and self-isolation. A 2019 Stanford-authored clinical study paper at https://www.jmir.org/2019/10/e13440 also shows that our avatars reduce falls and delirium among hospitalized elders by 80%+ and significantly reduce loneliness.
We're looking for a talented and mission-aligned engineer to join our team in a key technical and creative role --
Coordinate with engineering, operational, and healthcare personnel to identify and specify software development priorities and to provide technical documentation and recommendations
Design and develop software on Android devices, both in native Java and via Unity/C#
Depending on how multi-talented you are, either update and improve on 3D model, animation, lighting/scene, etc assets in Blender and/or lead and provide technical and creative direction for outside artists to develop such 3D assets
Lead devops for our specialized Android devices, including device setup and ongoing management
Assist in the architecture, engineering, and implementation of communications and APIs between multiple mobile and web-based software systems
Under the direction of a machine learning engineer, adapt a custom automatic speech recognition engine for execution on Android
Iteratively improve upon our unique, avatar-based user experience, exercising and developing new best practices around avatar UI/UX design
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience developing complex software. MS preferred.
- 2+ Years developing native Android apps in Java
- 2+ Years developing in Unity & C#
- 2+ Years in an agile software development environment, preferably with a startup
- Knowledge of mobile application design considerations, version control using Git, and software engineering principles
- A knack for user experience and artistic design
- Self-motivated, independent thinker capable of working within a multi-disciplinary, diverse team
- reliable - 3 or less sick days taken in last year
Additional Desired Experience:
- Modification of Android OS, custom ROMs
- Use of mobile device management (MDM) systems
- Audio/video streaming technologies on Android
- Modeling, texturing, rigging, animating, and lighting 3D game characters, ideally in Blender
Our office is located within walking distance from the Millbrae BART & Caltrain station, right next to the San Francisco International Airport.
**NOTE: We do NOT EVER offer visa sponsorship and this is NOT a remote position!!! If you are on any kind of visa or want to work from home, please do not apply.