The fastest growing healthcare provider review website
Engineering Co-op$50k – $60k
CareDash, a venture-backed startup located in Cambridge, MA, is America's fastest growing healthcare review website. CareDash was created in 2016 as a solution for patients looking for transparent and trustworthy information about healthcare providers, practices, and hospitals in their area. Inspired by his own struggles with finding a quality provider through legacy healthcare review websites that were very often out-of-date, inaccurate, and rife with fake or misleading reviews, founder Ted Chan set a course to make CareDash the most transparent, reliable, and informative healthcare review website in the world. Join our team and help us further our mission. Trusted reviews. Trusted care. Trusted Partner.
CareDash is looking for an entrepreneurial and highly motivated undergraduate student to join our dynamic Engineering team as an Engineering Co-Op, beginning** in July and ending in December*. The Engineering Co-Op will be expected to actively partake in CareDash product development projects in a meaningful and impactful manner. The successful candidate possesses a superior attitude and aptitude towards learning, being a team member and applying learned skills to solving a variety of technical challenges. We expect the Co-Op to progress rapidly so that they are able to actively participate and contribute to projects that are appropriately assigned. The 6-month Co-Op will be a mutually beneficial period in which CareDash expects high quality, professionally architected and written software and the student can expect increasing responsibility from a working environment that supports active learning and career growth. *Please note: This is a paid, full-time on-site opportunity.
What You’ll Work On:
- Brainstorming, designing and implementing database, middle-tier and front-end code with the end-user in mind
- Analyzing and optimizing efficiency of databases through monitoring and troubleshooting
- Participate in testing process in order to diagnose performance bottlenecks and create solutions
- Implementing websites at scale in a high-level language such as Rails (preferred) or Java using application and testing frameworks
Who You Are:
- You are an undergraduate currently enrolled in a Computer Science/Engineering or similar degreed Software Engineering discipline, preferably of Junior standing
- You are fluent in Python and willing to learn new languages and technologies (familiarity with Ruby preferred!)
- You have exposure to or interest in one or more database platforms including SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Excellent software engineering habits: object-oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures, etc.
- A hands-on attitude and a drive to get things done
- A desire to always be expanding and improving your skill-set
At CareDash, we value the whole person and the nuances of unique experience, which is why we encourage potential applicants to apply even if they do not meet all criteria. We are committed to providing inclusive workplaces where people of all races, ethnicity, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations and physical abilities are welcomed, nurtured, and represented. We understand that ability presents itself in many different ways. We value passion, dedication, and a willingness to learn.