Offering an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care
Social Worker (Senior Care)
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Care.com Senior Care Planning team works nationally with corporations and universities to provide caregiving solutions for employees. We are seeking a Masters-level social worker with experience in the senior care field for the Senior Care Advisor position. Senior Care Advisors work telephonically with employees to offer consultative and tactical guidance customized to each family’s individual needs. Senior Care Advisors may also participate in onsite support groups and in-person consultations at employer locations. Work with employees and families is typically provided on an ongoing basis. The Senior Care Advisor position offers a unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and make a meaningful contribution in an exciting, cutting edge business environment.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Work directly with corporate and university employees. Conduct telephonic assessments and provide comprehensive consultative services related to family caregiving.
- Work closely with a team of Provider Specialists to connect families with care options and resources that match their specific needs.
- Create customized plans for families–including a written summary of needs, recommendations, resources, and vetted provider options.
- Maintain contact with families for successful care outcomes and ongoing assessment of changing care needs.
- Present corporate seminars/webinar to employee population on adult and senior care topics.
- Ongoing professional development including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of emerging trends and resources in the field of adult and senior care.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills—ability to establish and maintain rapport via phone, email, and in-person.
- Demonstrates a compassionate, nuanced understanding of the challenges faced by family caregivers.
- Strong assessment skills. Comfortable making in-time recommendations and creating actionable steps for individualized plans of care.
- Highly flexible and comfortable in a fast-moving environment within a test-and-learn culture. Able to work calmly under pressure and problem solve complex situations.
- Strong organizational skills—works efficiently and collaboratively. Must be able to manage a high volume of activities with a very thorough follow-up.
- Self-motivated, energetic, tenacious, and persistent. Strong track record of career success and a proven ability to thrive in an environment with high-performance expectations and limited oversight
- Technologically savvy and comfortable using computers.
- Comfortable with public speaking or willing to learn.
- Masters-level Social Worker
- Preferably LCSW or LICSW with a minimum of three years’ experience in the senior care field
*Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.*
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).
Care.com at a glance
Care.com focuses on Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, Local Services, Customer Service, and Tutoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Boston, Menlo Park, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Care.com has raised $156.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.