Offering an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care
Supervisor, Backup Caregivers
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
Care.com is seeking a Supervisor to manage our team of direct hire caregivers who provide backup childcare for Care.com’s corporate clients. In this position, you will lead and manage our entire caregiver experience from onboarding to offboarding, ensuring that our caregivers have the support they need to provide high-quality childcare. This is a unique opportunity for someone who loves interacting with people, has a passion for leading teams, and takes an entrepreneurial approach to building new processes.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Leading caregiver onboarding sessions
- Developing training programs to improve caregiver quality
- Managing follow-up communications pre and post childcare bookings with caregivers
- Tracking and reporting data on our caregiver pool, including caregiver performance metrics and feedback
- Identifying opportunities to improve our caregiver management processes with an eye towards scalability
- Advocating for a best-in-class experience for our caregivers with internal stakeholders (e.g. Product, Servicing, Marketing teams)
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 2+ years of supervisory experience (Bachelor’s degree or higher)
- You have exceptional interpersonal communication skills and a passion for helping people
- You are an empathetic leader, with a keen sense of how to motivate large groups and comfortable delivering constructive feedback
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and can use both creativity and scrappiness to build new initiatives from the ground up
- You have a data-driven mindset: You obsessively track metrics and are always thinking about how you can test, learn and optimize
- You have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the company
- Experience at a technology company is a plus
*Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.*
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).
Care.com at a glance
Care.com focuses on Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, Local Services, Customer Service, and Tutoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Boston, Menlo Park, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Care.com has raised $156.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.