Offering an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care
Senior Engineering Manager - Provider Network
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager who has a track record of delivery, leans towards product thinking, and believes that excellence in technology facilitates excellence everywhere. We seek a fearless coach who knows that the team is the foundation for success.
We are following domain-driven design principles to build a new, greenfield technology platform to manage and serve our provider and caregiver data. This platform will be the next generation foundation for the supply side of our two-sided marketplace, composed of gRPC microservices, AWS Lambdas, Kafka streams, and Elasticsearch. Alongside managing this development, a vital part of your job will be to coordinate with other engineering teams to facilitate the seamless transition of their customer-facing applications to leverage these new APIs and services.
You’ll help decide ‘what’ we do and empower the team to figure out ‘how.’
What Your Days Will be Like:
- Providing technical leadership to the teams and building a strong culture of accountability and innovation
- Coaching engineers to make sound architecture and process decisions
- Managing technical projects that span across multiple engineering teams
- Establishing KPIs and enhancing processes that enable engineering teams to visibly execute on priorities
- Optimizing processes, ensuring commitments stay on track, removing roadblocks, and facilitating fast execution and timely decision-making
- Helping build and scale a world-class engineering team through interviewing and hiring top-quality engineers.
- Being a champion for automation, continuous delivery, and deployment
- Contributing to product and technical road maps.
- Representing the team in front of internal and external audiences with varying levels of technical fluency
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Exposure to outsourced teams and building 24-hour development cycles
- A strong command of technical skills, focused on the architecture of service-based, scalable web software and systems (REST, SOA, Microservice, and FaaS)
- A passion for empowering and growing engineers, building engineering teams and aligning technical and business goals
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices; processes, coding standards, build processes, testing, code reviews, source control management, etc.
- Experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams (Design, DevOps, Product, Project)
- A deep understanding of the full SDLC and a track record of delivering software on time
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of total engineering experience, with at least two years of experience in engineering management
Our Tech Stack
- Agile based product workflow with daily SCRUM
- Git source control and Jira ticket management
- Golang microservices deployed on Kubernetes with an Istio service mesh
- gRPC and GraphQL APIs
- AWS Lambdas
- AWS Step Functions & Express Workflow
- Amazon EventBridge
- AWS Cloud Development Kit
- Ruby on Rails & Heroku (for one established project in the portfolio)
*Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.*
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).
Care.com at a glance
Care.com focuses on Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, Local Services, Customer Service, and Tutoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Boston, Menlo Park, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Care.com has raised $156.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.