Offering an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care
Senior Software Engineer (Payments)
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
If you are a great Back-end Engineer who leans towards product thinking, we are looking for the type of developer who has participated in large modernization initiatives. Do you enjoy learning new technologies and working outside of your comfort zone? If so, read on!
What You’ll Be Working on:
- Design and implement high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable systems/solutions
- Build, maintain, and enhance all safety-related initiatives across the entire Care.com platform
- Work with product management to understand business requirements
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products and come up with the right solutions
- Seek ways to improve our existing systems
- Provide solid guidance for code reviews
- Perform unit testing and work closely with the QA team on systems testing.
- Support ongoing release cycle
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Experience deploying solutions to AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience building Micro Services/SOA
- Experience developing scalable, multi-tier web solutions, ideally for a consumer website
- Experience with relational databases, document databases and/or key/value stores
- Experience developing software using version control systems
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced growing environment
Strong experience with the following:
- Apache Kafka
- Representational state transfer (REST)
- Spring Web Flow
- SQL Database Programming
Some experience with the following:
- Spring Boot
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant fields; or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of programming in various environments
- 5+ years with SQL database programming
- Preferred experience from the Payments Industry
*Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).
Care.com at a glance
Care.com focuses on Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, Local Services, Customer Service, and Tutoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Boston, Menlo Park, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Care.com has raised $156.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.