Offering an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care
Director of Global Safety Operations
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Director of Global Safety Operations will report to the Sr. Director of Operations and have primary responsibility for the implementation of Care.com’s Safety Program, which includes member review/vetting procedures, responding to safety-related escalations, rolling out a safety investigation function, and establishing a safety hotline. The candidate will lead and manage a team of both internal and external resources supporting Care.com’s global business. In addition to the implementation of operational policies, the candidate will work with a cross-functional team to establish and define safety policies and procedures. The Director of Global Safety Operations must have online/internet safety experience, preferably marketplace experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a range of vetting tools, including those used for background checking, identity verification, fraud identification, etc. The candidate will be able to engage with peers across the organization on both a strategic and a tactical level and have prior experience building and scaling an operational function in a metrics-driven organization. The individual must demonstrate an ability to manage consumer escalations with sound judgment, fairness, and sensitivity. Experience leading an operational safety/trust team for an online service (or similar experience) is required.
What You’ll Be Working on:
- Lead and manage the Care.com global safety operations team supporting the Care.com B2C business
- Define and implement operational procedures to achieve the goals of the Care.com Safety program efficiently and effectively. These procedures include:
- Member review and vetting procedures
- Procedures for all safety-related escalations
- Fully roll-out a new safety investigation function to research and guide Care.com’s response to safety-related escalations
- Serve as the final escalation point for any safety-related consumer escalation
- Manage and build teams composed of internal full-time staff supported by a combination of both full and part-time external staff
- Establish and report operational metrics for the global safety operations function and make recommendations for evolving the global safety operations function based on these metrics
- Partner with the Head of Safety, Legal, and other key stakeholders to define the policies of the Care.com Safety Program
- Manage the day-to-day operational relationship with external vendors that provide services and tools for vetting, fraud detection, etc.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in a safety-focused operational leadership role, ideally for a consumer-facing business and preferably a tech-enabled, online service
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Sound business judgment and excellent quantitative skills
- Experience coaching and developing team members at all levels
- Strong advocacy for safety and consumer experience; not afraid to be direct
- Experience defining, managing and implementing policies and procedures related to safety
- Experience with the operational management of third-party service providers
- Experience working closely with internal stakeholders across the organization including product management, engineering, legal, and senior executives
- Strong project and process management skills, including establishing/managing a budget and setting/achieving goals
- Proficient knowledge of background checks, identity verification solutions, fraud detection solutions, etc. in the U.S. and internationally
- Enjoys switching between strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
*Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.*
Care.com_, an IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) company, _was founded in 2006 on the understanding that quality family care is both a fundamental human need and a key driver of economic growth and empowerment. When children receive quality care in their critical formative years, they are on a path to achievement and success. Women disproportionately shoulder caregiving responsibilities, but when they have supports in place that enable them to work, our economy grows. When seniors receive quality care in their homes, healthcare costs decline with fewer hospital stays. When we have a strong caregiving workforce, all these things are possible.
Care.com at a glance
Care.com focuses on Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, Local Services, Customer Service, and Tutoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Boston, Menlo Park, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Care.com has raised $156.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.