Offering an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care
Director of Global Consumer Operations
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
Our Member Care Team is on the front lines serving as the first point of contact to our over 32 million members (and growing) who utilize the Care.com platform. This team is responsible for aiding members through various communication channels including email support, "live" agent chat, social media, and other communication platforms to address any number of issues related to their Care.com membership. This will include simple fixes such as forgotten username/passwords issues, to navigating the platform, and responding to refund requests.
As Director, Global Consumer Operations, you'll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our global Member Care teams and the shared services that support them. We're seeking a strong candidate who excels in operational excellence, is accustomed to meeting key SLAs and objectives, and can develop a productive team.
What Your Days Will be Like:
- Manage continued mix shift of customer engagement channels from primarily phone and email to live agent chat, email, and self-help communications channels
- Make continuous recommendations to improve the member experience based on industry best practices and internal data from member research & feedback
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Legal, Trust & Safety and Marketing teams to collaborate and align on product/process updates
- Strategize to leverage Member Care team for business upsell opportunities
- Manage relationships with outsourcing partners
- Conduct RFP processes as needed to fulfill and retain vendor partnerships. Analyze proposals, make recommendations, and implement changes as needed.
- Provide feedback as needed on member escalations
- Ensure team operations costs are aligned with budget
- Prioritize improvement projects for internal systems (e.g. Salesforce, CMS, IVR, etc.) and conduct cost/benefit analyses as necessary
- Conduct business process analysis and leverage weekly operational KPIs to adjust processes as necessary to ensure team SLAs and goals are being met
- Oversee the Shared Services team to develop and improve QA program, training, project and bug management, and reporting
- Analyze, develop, and refine team processes and guidelines as needed
- Hire, coach, and develop team managers to ensure team standards are being met and team goals are accomplished
- Implement Performance Improvement Plans as necessary
- Manage team and individual goals
- Conduct weekly 1:1s and full team meetings
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional management and leadership skills including change management and influence skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely with attention to tone
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on process
- Enthusiasm for handling and resolving problems
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment, schedule, and competing priorities
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders in Care.com as well as the team
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, SalesForce, and reporting tools.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience in a professional environment
- Management of a distributed team experience a plus
*Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.*
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).
Care.com at a glance
Care.com focuses on Marketplaces, Bridging Online and Offline, Local Services, Customer Service, and Tutoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Austin, Boston, Menlo Park, and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Care.com has raised $156.85M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2016.