CardFlight arms small businesses with secure and convenient payment acceptance technology
DevOps Engineer$65k – $100k • 0.01% – 0.1%
The DevOps Engineer will assist with the development and maintenance of critical infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing startup, work collaboratively with other experienced engineers and have a big impact on the company.
The DevOps Engineer will report to the Director of Security and DevOps.
What You’ll Do:
Developing & Building (80%)
- Design, create, support, and troubleshoot production infrastructure in Amazon AWS
- Ensure compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard by performing regular tasks including patching infrastructure and reviewing system alerts
- Identify and fix infrastructure bugs or bottleneck issues
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams
Open Source Contribution (10%)
- Spend up to 10% of your time contributing to Open Source software
Team Engagement (10%)
- Get involved with company-wide meetings and outings
- Become immersed in the payments industry
- Obtain and maintain a full understanding of our clients’ needs
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Chef or the desire to learn them
- Knowledge of best-practices in an always-up always available service
- A working understanding of writing code
- A willingness to learn new technologies
- The ability to take initiative and work independently with very little supervision
- Superior people skills and a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to be flexible and flourish in a fast-paced atmosphere while remaining focused, working productively, and successfully juggling many tasks
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in maintaining infrastructure that must be PCI DSS compliant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
CardFlight at a glance
CardFlight focuses on Mobile Commerce, Developer APIs, Mobile Payments, and Point of Sale. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, CardFlight has raised $5.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2015.