We make it easy to get and stay compliant as a cannabis business
Software Engineer$100k – $160k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Canix (YC S'19) is building the first generation of modern software for the burgeoning cannabis industry. We help our customers overcome daunting compliance regulation, sell more product, and optimize their day to day operations—from cultivation, to processing, to distribution.
Recent winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2020, find out more at TechCrunch and canix.com.
Why work with us?
- Legalization is here. Canix is not only establishing the technical foundations of the industry as it grows, but continuously working to improve them with every feature we ship. This is the definition of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- It's early. It's clear that we're building something people want (and in some cases—need), and our traction shows it. Your work will be pivotal in forming and growing the team, company and the entire industry from the ground up.
- We've known each other for years, and are beyond thrilled to be on this journey together. Our team's got it all—from sales, to product, to engineering. We've built teams, started companies, and developed products and infrastructure used by millions of people.
We're currently an engineering team of 5. Our process is simple: identify an opportunity to make it easier for our customers to run their business (be it a product, infrastructure improvement, or development tool), run it by the team, and build it. We use daily check-ins to hold each other accountable, weekly meetings to plan the next cycle of work, and 3 month check-ins to talk about the company's priorities and goals as a whole. Everything else is up to you.
Our challenges include:
- Integrating with hardware (e.g. wireless scale integrations for weighing product during and after harvest/processing or RFID scanners for plant tracking)
- Working with gnarly (read: terrible) 3rd-party APIs to push/pull data to/from our backend with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Delivering beautiful and effective UIs to help our customers accomplish their work (some of our customers have not used a smartphone before!)
- Writing efficient mobile applications that can work both online and offline to process hundreds of thousands of plant changes in sporadic network conditions
- Managing payments for an often overlooked population of underbanked customers—the entire cannabis supply chain.
We choose technology to find the right balance of productivity, robustness, performance, and elegance. We like to move fast, and be proud of our work at the same time. Our stack is:
- React Native and ReactJS for both native and web front-ends. (Typescript)
- GraphQL as our API language
- Ruby+Sidekiq+ActiveRecord for backend business logic
- PostgreSQL for backend data persistence
- Adaptable. Avid hat collector.
- Focus on simplicity over completeness. We pride ourselves on being to-the-point in our product development. If it doesn't solve the problem, it's not worth our time.
- People-focused. Take the time to get to know our customers, and step in their shoes when building. In-person meetings and on-sites are encouraged!
- Lead. As one of the first engineers at Canix, you will play a critical role in shaping our engineering culture (and beyond).