First Smart Home Security Device for Everyone
Senior Product Designer
As senior product designer at Canary, you’ll play a key role in driving an experience-focused team that values collaboration, optimism, and stellar work. Your primary focus will be centered on the Canary app and web app experience. You will also contribute to our e-commerce website experience, which helps customers understand our product offering across devices, apps, and services. We believe in holistic user experiences and deliver them through quality products, services, and brand.
What You'll Be Up To:
You’ll be tasked with bringing a strong design sensibility, seamless and elegant UX and consistent visual language to the Canary digital ecosystem. Your challenge is to support the needs of the business while maintaining a high standard of quality for the design work. You’ll partner with the product, engineering and marketing leads to shape the product roadmap and collaborate with senior stakeholders and team members throughout the design process.
● Drive an end-to-end process where you are responsible for all aspects of design for your projects from inception through launch
● Drive and manage the feedback loop. This includes taking responsibility for collaboration and sharing work with stakeholders throughout the process
● Own design planning on the team. Give input to the team on timing and milestones for design work
● Utilize systematic design language to create a cohesive digital experience; user flows, site-maps, wireframes, visual designs, high fidelity prototypes, presentation decks, and concepts with little oversight and be able to clearly articulate and present the work
● Research and analysis - ie competitor and industry analysis, user interviews, prototyping, and A/B testing to identify what design and interactions work best to acquire and retain new customers
● Validating that the design work is built to specification, meeting the goals of the initiatives
● Be a conceptual thinker and always explore multiple directions before landing on a solution
● Strong collaboration with all disciplines of design, product, and engineering to bring the work to life
● Establish and maintain product style-guides and component libraries
● Ability to handle more than one project with different timelines simultaneously and be able to represent the work
● Deliver all assets needed for development including front-end prototypes to engineering.
● Communicate effectively and deliver on time
What You'll Need To Have:
You are an optimistic problem solver who exemplifies the values of collaboration and design integrity. You love to learn and to share the power of design with your colleagues. You’re self motivated and tend to exceed expectations when given the freedom to manage your own work. Your technical knowledge allows you to create feasible concepts and communicate by creating prototypes.
● 5+ years experience designing (UX: both UI and visual design) digital products and building e-commerce apps and sites
● 1+ years experience leading major design initiatives and mentoring team members
● A well-documented online portfolio of work demonstrating experience crafting user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes, methods, research, not just final screenshots)
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge of design principles and foundations
● Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Principle, InDesign, Figma, Zeplin or other design tools of your designation
● Genuine curiosity and authority in design craft and know design trends and patterns
● Exceptional systems thinking and ability to map out complex information architectures in the form of site maps and user flows
● Embrace A/B testing as a methodology to understand what design and interactions work best toward acquiring more customers and retaining them
● Familiarity with agile methodology and how Product Design and UX fits into that
● A personality that thrives in an agile/fast paced environment, bringing people together
● Love of learning, mentoring and problem solving
What can we give you?
● Comprehensive health insurance
● Flexible work hours
● Unlimited vacation
● Reimbursement for commuter costs
● A beautiful and industrial office space with outdoor terrace and harbor views
Comprehensive health insurance
A beautiful downtown office space with views of the Freedom Tower, Woolworth Building, and more
Canary at a glance
Canary focuses on Security, Computer Vision, Internet of Things, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Canary has raised $51.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.