First Smart Home Security Device for Everyone
Brand and Communications Designer
We are seeking a talented and versatile graphic designer with strong typographical sensibility and exceptional design aesthetic to support a broad range of marketing, advertising, and brand initiatives for our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for conceptualizing and executing online advertising campaigns, managing asset production - brand style guides to photography shoots, designing merchandising solutions (in-store and online) for Canary partners, and much more.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, has a history of successful execution, and has a bias toward action.
This role will be an integral to Canary’s marketing, sales, and brand-building efforts, and we’re looking for someone who has the maturity to do work that builds brand but the passion and creativity to develop work that stands apart from others.
What You'll Be Up To:
● Produce and design marketing design materials such as web design, social content, merchandising, and much more
● Create digital marketing materials - advertising campaigns, web site assets, email and other branded content to promote and differentiate Canary products and services
● Design retail assets - both in-store and online to promote Canary within our partner environments
● Develop concepts and graphics for Canary videos
● Execute design studies for Canary packaging and product concepts
● Work closely with Design Director to ensure all creative output effectively balances building the Canary brand and promoting sales and customer engagement
● Deliver on multiple work streams simultaneously
● Work with external agencies on specific project needs
● Ensure all product and marketing material follow Canary brand guidelines
● Contribute strategically to the development of brand identity and visual look and feel
● Promote continual creative improvements through self-education and refinement of processes
● Collaborate with production, marketing, and engineering teams as necessary to ensure design deliverables are in line with the overall Canary experience
Who you are:
● 3 - 5 years of design experience (design portfolio required)
● Extensive digital experience (advertising, email and web assets) complemented by print and packaging skills
● Ability to demonstrate your creative versatility– showing a wide range of skills across mediums
● Strong written and verbal skills
● Fluent in PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Sketch, and proficient Figma
● Basic DreamWeaver and HTML knowledge desired
● Ability to effectively project manage deliverables, budgets, and resources
● Works well in a fast-paced and changing environment
● Strong understanding of asset production processes
What can we give you?
● Comprehensive health insurance
● Flexible work hours
● Unlimited vacation
● Reimbursement for commuter costs
● A beautiful and industrial office space with outdoor terrace and harbor views
Comprehensive health insurance
A beautiful downtown office space with views of the Freedom Tower, Woolworth Building, and more
Canary at a glance
Canary focuses on Security, Computer Vision, Internet of Things, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Canary has raised $51.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.