First Smart Home Security Device for Everyone
Embedded QA Engineer
We are seeking an Embedded QA Engineer to join our team to focus on testing ensuring the quality of our deliverables. Our team is at the center of the full software stack here at Canary, providing you with exposure to a variety of technologies and engineering disciplines.
What You'll Be Up To:
● You will have a leading role in the creation of test automation scripts and tools
● You will build maintain and execute test plans and scenarios
● You will be the gatekeeper for rollout of releases that affect the experience of hundreds of thousands of Canary customers
● Your work will be closely affiliated with both product and engineering teams
What You'll Need To Have:
● AS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering is strongly preferred.
● 3+ years in a software testing environment is required; experience with api and cloud testing is strongly preferred.
● Good understanding of networking protocol fundamentals (TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, SMB, routers, switches, etc).
● An understanding of Linux/Unix command line
● Experience with at least one programming language such as Python, C++, etc.
● An innate curiosity and passion for understanding how things work.
● Understanding of restful APIs
● Experience with defect tracking systems (JIRA)
● Experience with performance and/or security testing
● Experience with Cucumber, Behave, or similar modeling systems
● The ability to demonstrate QA skills with at least 2 complete product cycles, from inception to customer shipment.
What can we give you?
● Comprehensive health insurance
● Flexible work hours
● Unlimited vacation
● Commuter benefits
● A beautiful downtown office space with views of the Freedom Tower, Woolworth Building, and more
Comprehensive health insurance
A beautiful downtown office space with views of the Freedom Tower, Woolworth Building, and more
Canary at a glance
Canary focuses on Security, Computer Vision, Internet of Things, and Deep Learning. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Canary has raised $51.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2015.